Tea type/brand served at high tea?

lalauren

On my recent Zaandam cruise, the tea served during afternoon tea was PG Tips, which is also available upon request in the dining room for breakfast and in the Lido. 

it is a stronger tea, a sort of British Lipton equivalent. 

• Like 1

Don't know about high tea but on the Eurodam the Lido and the MDR had a very large selection of Bigelow teas including Earl Grey and herbals.  I would have Darjeeling in the morning and English Teatime Decaf at night.  Don't recall seeing Tazo but I wasn't looking either.

High tea on HAL?  During my recent cruises, I have experienced Teas, but, I would not consider them to be High Tea.  Usually, I have been presented a box of different tea bags.  I don't recall being served tea from a tea pot.  

High Tea on a HAL ship has been the Royal Dutch Tea or the Indonesian Tea.  Extinct, for now, as far as I know.  

• Like 3

On 5/25/2022 at 7:29 PM, Kateybell said:

Did they have Tazo earl grey. That’s what I drink at home. Often they have other but not the earl grey. If not, I’m adding a package to my suitcase 👍

I think they did, but it was definitely Tazo brand and either Earl Grey or English Breakfast. (Served at Explorations cafe on a New England Canada cruise pre-pandemic.)

Edited by Caribbean Chris

No, not high tea.  Just afternoon tea.

I'm so happy that they not only have PG Tips bags available in the morning in the buffet, but they brew PG Tips for the afternoon tea.  None of this nonsense of bringing around tea bags, then serving luke-warm water in little metal containers, then having to wait another 5 minutes for milk. 

I've given up on afternoon tea on most other lines.  Glad HAL does a reasonable job with theirs.

15 minutes ago, NCTribeFan said:

No, not high tea.  Just afternoon tea.

Thank you for posting that. I have no idea where people got the idea that HAL has a 'high tea' every day, but they don't, and they haven't routinely. 
The closest they have ever come to serving 'high tea' was the Royal Dutch Tea of several years ago. 
HAL serves afternoon, or 'low tea' and always has. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCTribeFan said:

I've given up on afternoon tea on most other lines.  Glad HAL does a reasonable job with theirs.

Try MSC's Yacht Club.  Or, at its best. Tea in the Queen's Lounge on Queen Mary 2.  I have wondered what Tea in the Grill Lounge on the ship must be like.