Disembarking at Civitaveccia

jtslattery

I hope that some seasoned travelers can help please.  We will be disembarking from the Edge on September 17 and have an American Airline flight back to the US.  Has anyone used the ship’s transfers - think it’s a bus- from the port to the airport.  Our flight leaves a little after 12:00 and want to be certain that we will be there in time.  No problem with early walk off.  Thank you.

3 hours ago, mskitty22 said:

I hope that some seasoned travelers can help please.  We will be disembarking from the Edge on September 17 and have an American Airline flight back to the US.  Has anyone used the ship’s transfers - think it’s a bus- from the port to the airport.  Our flight leaves a little after 12:00 and want to be certain that we will be there in time.  No problem with early walk off.  Thank you.

That’s going to be tight, I would book a private transfer as early as possible, our flight was 12:50hrs and we got an 08:00am pick up. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mskitty22 said:

The only slight hitch with using a Celebrity transfer is that you will have to wait until the coach is full. Our flight leaves at 1130 so we have opted for a private car (0700hrs)  to take us to the airport & we will self disembark. It costs 119 Euros for the 2 of us which is probably cheaper than the Celebrity transfer and far more convenient

• Like 3

Thanks so much to everyone for the replies. Most informative. We will use one of the car services mentioned and self assist debarking the ship. Since we are from Canada with no requirement to test to return home I assume there is no other test requirement when we leave the ship? Italy doesn't require any testing when getting off the ship do they?

10 hours ago, Wendylet said:

Thanks so much to everyone for the replies. Most informative. We will use one of the car services mentioned and self assist debarking the ship. Since we are from Canada with no requirement to test to return home I assume there is no other test requirement when we leave the ship? Italy doesn't require any testing when getting off the ship do they?

No, they do not, at least not currently.

Thank you all for your answers.  We have cancelled the bus and hired a car. We truly appreciate you sharing your expertise.  Now the only thing we have to worry about is navigating the airport.😃

7 hours ago, mskitty22 said:

Thank you all for your answers.  We have cancelled the bus and hired a car. We truly appreciate you sharing your expertise.  Now the only thing we have to worry about is navigating the airport.😃

the drivers know which terminal each airline departs from, you just need to find your check in desk. It’s a busy airport but well signposted. 

Edited by sunlover33
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, mskitty22 said:

Now the only thing we have to worry about is navigating the airport.😃

If you're flying with AA navigating the airport might be least of your worries lol.

I know a few people in the US over the last couple months who have had flights cancelled at the last minute or massively delayed by AA. Are you arriving in Europe a day or two before your cruise or the day of? 

I know it's not just AA having issues and airlines/airports all over the world are struggling right now but for anyone taking a cruise in the next few months at least, I think the best bit of advice would be to book your flights so you get to the port you are sailing from at least 1 day early. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sls28 said:

You can also arrange a time to go to the airport through Customer Relations on the ship.  There are buses that will take you directly to the airport from the port.

I believe the OP is going to use a private service due to the longer wait time of filling a bus.  I use a private car for just the two of us, as it provides great service, efficiency and comfort, at a decent price.  Yes, the buss is always an option if you would rather do that form of transportation.

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, paddy1112 said:

Hi, is there early breakfast availiable at disembarkation day?

always and of course people eating like they will never see food again. Manners seem to leave the ship before the people.

• Like 1

Be sure to have extra self tests and proctored tests.  As of now you need to have negative test to return to US.  Be sure to take self test first to ensure you are negative before the proctored test.  We tested positive after our cruise and couldn’t fly home for six days when we both tested negative.  Please plan for unexpected.  

• Like 1