Yachts - Where to start?

Maisee Jane

Looking to charter a yacht for me a like, 7 of my girlfriends that are going to be in my wedding-like so exciting-but I have no idea where to start. We def need a boat with plenty of beds, a sun deck and a galley. Has anyone ever chartered a yacht? So glad I found this site so I could ask experienced yachters! Thanks in advance!

6 hours ago, Maisee Jane said:

Looking to charter a yacht for me a like, 7 of my girlfriends that are going to be in my wedding-like so exciting-but I have no idea where to start. We def need a boat with plenty of beds, a sun deck and a galley. Has anyone ever chartered a yacht? So glad I found this site so I could ask experienced yachters! Thanks in advance!

This site is actually for cruise ships, not really the type of thing you are looking for, but a "yacht" that can handle the number of pax you are talking about won't be cheap. With crew, I would expect at least $5000 for a single day for a decent 50' boat, and that would be snug for 7 pax, especially if you expect to sleep over.  Multi-day charters for a group your size will run well into the 5 figures.  You don't say where you want to charter from, but try googling "Fort Lauderdale Yacht Charters" and get a feel for the costs. Fort Lauderdale is arguably the yacht capital of the world, so you will find plenty of options. Good luck

Edited by lx200gps

Glad daddy is a millionaire (sure hope it is a multi, multi-millionaire) because you aren't going to get a bunch of crew on a charter for 8 passengers - probably just a captain and a cook (we have a friend who did that for years).  As others have mentioned, google is your friend.  Here's one that sleeps 8 and has a captain (no word about a cook as far as I can see) and is out of Miami.  Looks like fun for $79,000+ per week.

https://www.sailo.com/boats/Miami_FL/Motor/rental_boat_37990/?duration=week

And there is even a picture of the captain for you!

• Like 1