Celebrity Infinity- Should We Stay Away?

12 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

Once an M-class veranda cabin is revolutionized, the sofa is gone.  There's a silly chair-and-a-half.  Doesn't look too strange in the regular veranda cabins, which are smaller, but the CC and AQ cabins ended up with a great big "empty."  Really dumb.  I'm looking forward to the Infinity in July.

We sailed on the Summit after the Revolution in an FV.  We had that silly piece of furniture too.  We wound up calling it Chairy.   I think in the FV this opened to a bed, but it was pretty useless otherwise -- too deep to be a chair, and hard as a rock.  While we very much enjoyed the Summit, and would happily sail on her again, the Revolution (on all ships) did result in a great deal of uncomfortable, fairly functionless furniture (as others have commented in numerous threads) and the removal of furniture that "worked" in cruise cabins.

00-m8Z7QgQNSN1pSiWVw3FAIG1nv5s5FgYR4GzGtunnUQanz-uMe_geHN_HgJRQe5Z5?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1569333744

(photo by turtles06)

22 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

We have been on Millie last Oct in Aqua and next week we will be in a Sky Suite. I'll take any Celebrity M or S ships over any E Class ships. I think you need to check out the post below.

Been on the Edge in the infinity balcony but I do prefer the S class ships. I always do Murano twice and the price difference between them snd the E class always allows me to do Aqua or Sky Suite. If the M class had Muranos I readily go on them again. On the reflection in March for third time and  loved it as is. Until the pricing gets much better I not an E class person.

35 minutes ago, Virginia100 said:

If the M class had Muranos I readily go on them again.

If course, when M class first came out, they had the best specialty restaurants with Michel Roux inspired menus: Olympic, SS United States, Normandie, and Ocean Liners restaurants....

• Like 3

Our first cruise was on the Constellation in 2014. I read on CC that she was old and tired and worn looking. We loved it, and that sailing hooked us for cruising for life. We have been on 2 S class ships, which I prefer, and in January were on the Millennium in Aqua class. I seem to recall we had a sofa in our room, but maybe I'm wrong. We thought the Millennium was great, except for the Persian Gardens, which looked worn. I wouldn't hesitate to book another M class ship. We sail on the Beyond in January, and really looking forward to the E class. Go on the ship and have a great time. 

We sailed on Infinity Summer 2019, after several cruises on the Eclipse.  Yes, the infinity is smaller than the Eclipse (Solstice class) but not massively smaller - it seems to have all the main things you associate with slightly larger Solstice Class ships.  Infinity is still a big ship by most measures. 

Upkeep was good but maybe not quite as good as on Eclipse, we didn't like the hot solarium pool, it's cooler on the Eclipse (but many love it) but we were in a Med cruise in the summer.  Buffet is not as good as on Eclipse, it's set out differently, but was still fine.  One thing we thought was not as good (which annoyed my wife who  goes to bed early) is the in the room TV and film choice was very poor., with a small low quality TV.  Overall, we loved our cruise on Infinity and would sail on her again but We both agreed we prefer the Solstice class ships 

We, too, are booked on Infinity in  Oct 2022 and will be the first time (we cruise RC and Celebrity (Millie and Apex, which we loved both) in a Celebrity suite and interested to hear from those that are cruising on Infinity once we starts back up in June.

Any thoughts on it having been a quarantine ship, was it a hospital ship or used for those coming back from home countries and having to be quarantine before boarding their designated ships?

We are booked on the Infinity and to me it came down to value and convenience.  For instance, one criterion I quantity is the upcharge for Aqua class from a regular Veranda cabin as the only real benefit I care about is eating at Blu and if that price delta makes sense to me (as it did for booking my Infinity cruise) I book Aqua class.  As long as the ship is clean and the ratio of crew to passengers is adequate it should be an enjoyable cruise. 

• Like 1

On 5/28/2022 at 8:06 PM, goofysmom99 said:

Once an M-class veranda cabin is revolutionized, the sofa is gone.  There's a silly chair-and-a-half.  Doesn't look too strange in the regular veranda cabins, which are smaller, but the CC and AQ cabins ended up with a great big "empty."  Really dumb.  I'm looking forward to the Infinity in July.

That space is good for wheelchairs, walkers, and scooters.  Old people take cruises.

On 5/29/2022 at 8:50 AM, Turtles06 said:

We sailed on the Summit after the Revolution in an FV.  We had that silly piece of furniture too.  We wound up calling it Chairy.   I think in the FV this opened to a bed, but it was pretty useless otherwise -- too deep to be a chair, and hard as a rock.  While we very much enjoyed the Summit, and would happily sail on her again, the Revolution (on all ships) did result in a great deal of uncomfortable, fairly functionless furniture (as others have commented in numerous threads) and the removal of furniture that "worked" in cruise cabins.

00-m8Z7QgQNSN1pSiWVw3FAIG1nv5s5FgYR4GzGtunnUQanz-uMe_geHN_HgJRQe5Z5?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1569333744

(photo by turtles06)

Design brought to you by Fernando Lamas. "It's better to look good than to feel good!" 

While the changes to oceanview are nice, and I don't miss shower curtains, I'm looking forward to sailing on a non-Revolutionized M-class. 

• Like 1