NCL Air Does Not Include Seats

thejb0805

1 hour ago, julig22 said:

Depends on the airline.  I believe it was Delta that not only would allow an upgrade, you could also bid.  I don't recall seeing anything that said you couldn't use points.

This is exactly true.

we upgraded with points on Delta in March. 

3 hours ago, Diver2014 said:

My NCL cruise consultant informed me when I booked about the airfare so no surprises.  He said we may or may not sit together and that it was up to me to go into the airlines website.  Fine.  I'm not going to complain about details when the both of us are flying to Southampton and from Iceland for $900!

We have the same deal. I hope we sit together, but if not we will survive, and we will meet up for the cruise.

We once sat apart, and were just glad to have seats. Our cruise was delayed getting back to Fort Lauderdale for 2 days due to a hurricane. We got the last two standby seats on the first flight available back home.

5 hours ago, Diver2014 said:

My NCL cruise consultant informed me when I booked about the airfare so no surprises.  He said we may or may not sit together and that it was up to me to go into the airlines website.  Fine.  I'm not going to complain about details when the both of us are flying to Southampton and from Iceland for $900!

$450PP Iceland to Southampton wowzers they know how to charge 😲

32 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

$450PP Iceland to Southampton wowzers they know how to charge 😲

Um, no it's not Iceland to Southampton.  That $900 is round trip for 2 people from Savannah, Georgia to Southampton, then from Iceland back to Savannah.  Big difference. Sorry, I should have clarified that to begin with.

27 minutes ago, Diver2014 said:

Um, no it's not Iceland to Southampton.  That $900 is round trip for 2 people from Savannah, Georgia to Southampton, then from Iceland back to Savannah.  Big difference. Sorry, I should have clarified that to begin with.

That is a good deal then 😃

32 minutes ago, Diver2014 said:

Ours is Newark to London and Reykjavik back to Newark. And yes, it is a good deal.

10 hours ago, Diver2014 said:

Agreed.  We are flying the same route from LAX…700 total for both of us, including deviation…she told me everyone on our reservation would be on the same flight, but up to us to get seats together.  

19 hours ago, julig22 said:

Depends on the airline.  I believe it was Delta that not only would allow an upgrade, you could also bid.  I don't recall seeing anything that said you couldn't use points.

I upgraded on both Delta going and American coming back. Now one leg is on WestJet, and they allowed me to select my seats, but I could not upgrade. 

13 hours ago, Diver2014 said:

I think I’m on your same cruise- July 3 from Southampton. We haven’t got our flights yet

Right now, I can't even get a seat assignment and I booked directly with an airline!  I booked AA for a CONUS flight.  They put me on JetBlue (this is the 2nd change of handler!).  The AA site says to go to partner site to pick seats.  The partner site says to go to the site I booked on to pick seats.  Maybe its just too early....flight not until August. Just frustrating!