Symphony of the Seas - COVID - May 21st

We just got off SOS and there were people who had covid. My daughter started feeling really sick on day 7 and the day we were leaving she was really feeling bad. We got home and took a at home test and it didn't even take 15 min for the results. She was positive. I'm going today to get tested. please be really caution and use the hand santizer as soon as you go back to your room each time, and every time you see a stand. I don't want it to ruin your trip or come home with it.  Stay Aware. We feel terrible. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm sorry you are going through this. The same story is repeating itself on every sailing right now. Wishing you a speedy recovery. My group took Paxlovid and did well with it if you are able to take it, something to consider.

• Like 1

We disembarked the Anthem on May 13 with scores of passengers who had Covid. Some reported on the roll call when they arrived home. We stayed negative despite 11 days of beinf around those who were affected. To a certain degree, their cases seemed random. I would suggest avoiding crowded dance parties and even cc events with people outside your travel groups. We started to isolate more from other passengers on days 6-11.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/29/2022 at 8:07 AM, Jasukkie said:

I'm sorry you are going through this. The same story is repeating itself on every sailing right now. Wishing you a speedy recovery. My group took Paxlovid and did well with it if you are able to take it, something to consider.

thank you, my dr said i was too healthy to prescribe it.  i don't understand that. I guess you have to have underlying health problems, etc. maybe i'll try another dr. 

On 5/29/2022 at 8:02 AM, h20skibum said:

So she tested negative on the ship, or did you not report it to medical?  

no she didn't go to medical b/c she just started feeling bad w/ a headache and sore throat, then it was time to get off the ship. we then tested at home w/ a at home test. then i went to the walk in clinic the next day and i was positive. I will be alot more careful next time. 

2 hours ago, hollon said:

thank you, my dr said i was too healthy to prescribe it.  i don't understand that. I guess you have to have underlying health problems, etc. maybe i'll try another dr. 

It's limited in supply and recommended to only give to those in higher risk categories.

Do hope you daughter is getting better. Most of the reported cases in the US are along the lines of serious flu cases although in some places hospitalization has increased. 

8 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

It's limited in supply and recommended to only give to those in higher risk categories.

Do hope you daughter is getting better. Most of the reported cases in the US are along the lines of serious flu cases although in some places hospitalization has increased. 

thank you so much!

On 5/30/2022 at 2:14 PM, hollon said:

I guess it depends on the doctor. We were all symptomatic and had no problem getting it, each from different doctors once we got home. My visit was by telehealth and I did have to show proof of positive PCR so I was glad I had gotten a print out of my test results onboard.