2 bedroom family suite vs Haven on Norwegian Pearl

basil92008

Considering booking a trip on Norwegian Pearl from Boston to Bermuda next April. Family of 4, kids 8 and 11.

I was looking mainly at either the 2 bedroom family suite, or the Haven 2 bedroom family villa. Seems to be about a $2k price difference. It's confusing what you actually get for upgrading to the Haven in this case? The floor plan looks exactly the same.

Any advice on which to choose? Thanks!

the pearl is a " jewel class " ship , no Haven restaurant 😞 so for $$ you would have access to the Haven pool and sun deck ( but with kids that age might be happier in the splash zone and large pools ) suite guests get all the other amenities , consier ,  butler , breakfast in speciality restaurant ,ETC . We are on " the Jewel " 02/22/2023 bring 2 teenagers , they arn't going to want to hang at the tiny Haven pool , I'll use the difference in $$ for excurtions and extras  , heads UP in booking 2 bedroom suites on " Jewel class ships " 2BDR are located under main pool deck ! grab one of the forward cabins they are under library , salon ECT 😄

Edited by fox02554
  • Like 1

I agree with the above poster.  On the Jewel class ships I would book the 2 bedroom suite.  Then, if you want to you can always put in a low ball bid for the Haven.  The extra amenities in booking the Haven aren't really worth the price difference on the Jewel class ships.

• Like 1

the rooms are practically identical. the perks (except for the pool) are the same. with either haven or suite, you can still eat breakfast and/or lunch in the specialty designated restaurants.

while i love the haven, it's not worth the extra $2,000 just to be able to get into their pool.at least not to me.  the extra 2k can be well spent on shore excursions, or other goodies. 

If I were booking I’d go with the 2 bedroom suite and not the Haven.  The pool area is small and save yourself $2000.  We are usually Haven people but in this case, go with the suite outside the Haven.  You’re not missing anything significant.  And the 2 bedrooms are the same as in the Haven.

Edited by mertziek

Thank you! That's the way I was leaning, just not sure if I was missing out on something significant.

The rooms I'm looking are on deck 11 and seem to be under the spa...that should be ok in terms of noise?

Is it better to be on port or starboard side for Bermuda?

Never know which way they are going to dock in Bermuda, the view is great on either side imho - one looks at land and the other looks at ocean/land in the distance.  I never heard any noise when I was in this room type.

1 hour ago, FLAHAM said:

The “tiny pool” is a swim-against-current never ending lap pool.  If you’re a swimmer, it’s perhaps the best place for a real swim in the entire Norwegian fleet.

This is the pool in the haven?  I'm not sure if this is good or bad news 🙂  I was going to practice snorkeling in it 🙂

On 5/29/2022 at 11:28 AM, basil92008 said:

Thank you! That's the way I was leaning, just not sure if I was missing out on something significant.

The rooms I'm looking are on deck 11 and seem to be under the spa...that should be ok in terms of noise?

There are 2 suites that are under the pool deck but to the front of it, 11530 and 11030.  We sailed in 11530 6 years ago in Alaska and would book that room again.  For half the cruise the ping pong table was above our cabin and it was moved to the other side the second half.  It wasn't much of a bother to us.  If you search down in my signature I wrote a trip report.  There are pictures and a video of the room if you are interested.  

• Like 1

On 5/29/2022 at 4:50 PM, DorothyB said:

This is the pool in the haven?  I'm not sure if this is good or bad news 🙂  I was going to practice snorkeling in it 🙂

Hmm. It wasn't a "swim against " on the Gem which is a sister ship. 

25 minutes ago, meglet said:

Hmm. It wasn't a "swim against " on the Gem which is a sister ship. 

We were just on the Gem in February.  There was definitely a "swim against" current in the Haven pool, but it needs to be turned on.  It's on the far side from the ladder.  I actually used it as a back massage a couple of times!

2 hours ago, goldmom said:

We were just on the Gem in February.  There was definitely a "swim against" current in the Haven pool, but it needs to be turned on.  It's on the far side from the ladder.  I actually used it as a back massage a couple of times!

Are we allowed to turn it on ourselves if no one else is in the pool?  Is it easy to figure out?  Thanks!

On 5/29/2022 at 11:28 AM, basil92008 said:

There is a site called Cruisedeckplans.com.  You can put three decks of any ship side by side, and tell exactly what is above and below the middle deck.

As stated above, the best cabins would be 11504, under the steam rooms;11006 under the hair salon;11012 under the library, and 11018 under the cardroom/photo studio. Cabins to avoid would be 11512 and 11518, which are under the fitness center.The rest are under the pool area. Hit or miss.

Port or starboard? Have been to Bermuda 8 times on NCL, and we have been docked half the time on one side, and half the time on the other. There is no rhyme or reason.

14 hours ago, DorothyB said:

Are we allowed to turn it on ourselves if no one else is in the pool?  Is it easy to figure out?  Thanks!

I seem to think there was a push button.  On our last trip it was stuck in the on position so we never had to turn it on.  On other trips it was usually off.  The Haven Courtyard attendant can help with it.  Enjoy!