How to tell where the bed is on S Class

Dar & Bob

I am looking at booking a cruise on the Equinox and I am wondering if there is a way to tell if the bed is near the balcony or the bath for the Veranda staterooms.  We sailed on the Edge and the notches in the diagram indicate the bed placement.  Other than going to the spreadsheet is there a way to tell??

Thanks for the help

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dar & Bob said:

Other than going to the spreadsheet is there a way to tell??

Yes!  Look at the deck plans, and look for the "sofa bed" icon.  Sofa beds are positioned next to the balcony, so any cabin with a sofa bed has the main bed by the bath.  (The cabins veranda cabins alternate, bed by bath, bed by balcony, so if you happen to see a run of several cabins without a sofa bed icon, just find the nearest cabin with an icon and count from there.)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Yes!  Look at the deck plans, and look for the "sofa bed" icon.  Sofa beds are positioned next to the balcony, so any cabin with a sofa bed has the main bed by the bath.  (The cabins veranda cabins alternate, bed by bath, bed by balcony, so if you happen to see a run of several cabins without a sofa bed icon, just find the nearest cabin with an icon and count from there.)

I had sorta thought that was the case by googling several cabins - glad to have it verified!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Denny01 said:

Also, the S-Class Cabin Information thread near the top of the Celebrity Forum has an extensive spreadsheet of SR info for the ships. 

den

Yep but not very easy to navigate - I will be looking at that as well. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The direction of the bed on port side is not the same as on the starboard. As someone who suffers from severe motion sickness, I can only book port side with the bed by the balcony (S-class spread sheet includes the info) to ensure, when lying in bed, my body is facing forward....same as driving a car. 

As someone mentioned look for the sofa bed icon. If a port side room has one, then the bed is facing aft. Use that as your base point.The room next to it, bed will be facing forward and so will be every other one after that.  

Hope this all makes sense.

• Like 1