How far in advance can I send in proof of Princess Stockholder

ladocevita

1 hour ago, ladocevita said:

We are less than 3 months away from our Med. cruise. Shall i submit my shareholder benefit request form ?

I have read on another thread regarding recent shareholders OBC requests. Some passengers have reported they received the benefit for cruises booked into next year, 2023. While others have posted if they submitted more than 3 months from sailing, their request is denied and were told to resubmit within the 3 month period. 

since your cruise is sailing in less than 3 months, you should be able to submit, without worry of being told you are too early.

• Like 1

We submit our SHB request as soon as we finish booking our cruise, which is usually 18-24 months before we sail as we like to book our cruises early. So my advise is to send it in as soon as you can.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

I had been trying for two months to get the SHB for my cruise next March.  I must have sent in five or six faxes and emails.  I never got any replies and the OBC was not added to my account.  About three weeks ago I was able to talk to one woman who told me that the SHB could not be applied until 90 days out.  I told her that was not true and explained the whole history of why the SHB could be applied at any time.  She did not believe me, and she was not very nice.  I asked her to ask her supervisor.  The supervisor said the same thing.  I was not happy.  So, I sent in a few more requests and still didn't hear anything.  So last week I called again.  I was on hold for 2 hours before someone picked.  She had to search a bit before she found my request and then she told me that unfortunately Princess was not adding the SHB to accounts more than 90 days out, but she took pity on me and now I finally have it in my account.  I am very disappointed in how Princess is handling this situation.  If they want to revert back to the 90-day rule make it public so that people know what to do and when to do.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CTGirl said:

I had been trying for two months to get the SHB for my cruise next March.  I must have sent in five or six faxes and emails.  I never got any replies and the OBC was not added to my account.  About three weeks ago I was able to talk to one woman who told me that the SHB could not be applied until 90 days out.  I told her that was not true and explained the whole history of why the SHB could be applied at any time.  She did not believe me, and she was not very nice.  I asked her to ask her supervisor.  The supervisor said the same thing.  I was not happy.  So, I sent in a few more requests and still didn't hear anything.  So last week I called again.  I was on hold for 2 hours before someone picked.  She had to search a bit before she found my request and then she told me that unfortunately Princess was not adding the SHB to accounts more than 90 days out, but she took pity on me and now I finally have it in my account.  I am very disappointed in how Princess is handling this situation.  If they want to revert back to the 90-day rule make it public so that people know what to do and when to do.

That is just weird. We just got our SHBs added on May 3rd to our Jan/Feb 2024 Antarctica bookings. And FWIW my DW called the Princess phone number on the attached Carnival Corporation SHB link (US Annual Report) a few months ago and someone answered relatively quickly. But as with many other things nowadays, it all depends on what time in the morning you call and who you talk with.

2021 US Annual Report (carnivalcorp.com)

I've also included the latest Princess SHB form in case some folks don't have the latest. BTW no where does it say you can't submit your request earlier than 90 days out.

Princess Shareholder Request Form Final.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

That is just weird. We just got our SHBs added on May 3rd to our Jan/Feb 2024 Antarctica bookings. And FWIW my DW called the Princess phone number on the attached Carnival Corporation SHB link (US Annual Report) a few months ago and someone answered relatively quickly. But as with many other things nowadays, it all depends on what time in the morning you call and who you talk with.

2021 US Annual Report (carnivalcorp.com)

I've also included the latest Princess SHB form in case some folks don't have the latest. BTW no where does it say you can't submit your request earlier than 90 days out.

Princess Shareholder Request Form Final.pdf 158.01 kB · 1 download

It is weird.  I have both documents you posted, and I read them carefully.  I could not find a restriction on how early you can send in the request. But I did find that the request had to be sent in no later than 2 weeks under the restrictions list on the request form, three weeks prior to cruise departure date in the first paragraph of the Annual Report and 4 weeks prior to your sail date in the third paragraph of the Annual Report.

Like you I always send in my request as soon as I book.  In the past my request was granted within the hour.  I think those days are gone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CTGirl said:

Mine was recently rejected because of the 90 day rule. No big deal but it would have been good to know in advance 🙄

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, CTGirl said:

It is weird.  I have both documents you posted, and I read them carefully.  I could not find a restriction on how early you can send in the request.

But it does say only for cruises that sail by July 31, 2023.

6 hours ago, caribill said:

But it does say only for cruises that sail by July 31, 2023.

Yes, thank you. I did see that. I was not specific enough in my comment. I was concentrating more on the confusing time periods before the start of a cruise upon which one should send in a request.

Still, the July 31 date is far more than 90 days out. My cruise is In March. I met the guidelines but Princess seems to have changed them without letting anyone know. 

11 hours ago, CTGirl said:

It is weird.  I have both documents you posted, and I read them carefully.  I could not find a restriction on how early you can send in the request.

The Princess form does say at the bottom in the small print:

^Shares certificate and brokerage statement should be dated no earlier than 3 months prior to cruise departure date.

46 minutes ago, caribill said:

^Shares certificate and brokerage statement should be dated no earlier than 3 months prior to cruise departure date.

I believe that just means they want a current brokerage statement submitted with the request as they are usually issued quarterly.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I believe that just means they want a current brokerage statement submitted with the request as they are usually issued quarterly.

1 hour ago, caribill said:

My apologies  @caribill. I just reread the fine print you referenced, and it does state the brokerage statement should be dated no earlier than 3 months prior to the cruise departure date. The folks who process the SHB applications definitely need to get in sync. I guess if we ever get the "cold shoulder" from them in the future, we'll now know why.

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

My apologies  @caribill. I just reread the fine print you referenced, and it does state the brokerage statement should be dated no earlier than 3 months prior to the cruise departure date. The folks who process the SHB applications definitely need to get in sync. I guess if we ever get the "cold shoulder" from them in the future, we'll now know why.

I think that what happened to my latest request. I'll have to keep on sending them until they respond with an answer.

It seems silly for them not to solve the problem by doing their job thus reducing the repetitious emails they have to deal with. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I think that what happened to my latest request. I'll have to keep on sending them until they respond with an answer.

It seems silly for them not to solve the problem by doing their job thus reducing the repetitious emails they have to deal with. 

When my DW called them a few months ago, the lady who answered the phone told her they were about 5 days behind processing incoming SHB requests, which was about how long it had been since she had sent in the SHB request. The lady then asked for her booking number so she could search for in their email INBOX. Luckily, my DW had included it in the Subject line of her email (past lesson learned), which made it easy to find. She then processed the request and all was good. But, as other folks have mentioned, that doesn't always seem the case.

• Thanks 1