Flying out of Vancouver with Covid in last 90 days

LJProk

Here I've been worried about needing a letter of recovery for HAL (don't need it) but you do need one if you are flying home from Canada. We leave tomorrow, now to scramble and find a Dr (and it's a holiday of course) to get a letter before we go to the airport tomorrow.

My understanding is the official test showing you had a positive test more than 10 days and less than 90 days ago is all you need to fly.  Phone your airline to confirm. I know people who have  done this.  Report back for others!  Good luck. 

3 hours ago, LJProk said:

Here I've been worried about needing a letter of recovery for HAL (don't need it) but you do need one if you are flying home from Canada. We leave tomorrow, now to scramble and find a Dr (and it's a holiday of course) to get a letter before we go to the airport tomorrow.

Just go be clear, the requirement for testing has nothing to do with Canada; it is a CDC requirement for flying into the US.  Here is an excerpt from the CDC website:

What You Need to Know
  • If you plan to travel internationally, you will need to get a COVID-19 viral test (regardless of vaccination status or citizenship) no more than 1 day before you travel by air into the United States. You must show your negative result to the airline before you board your flight.
  • If you recently recovered from COVID-19, you may instead travel with documentation of recovery from COVID-19 (i.e., your positive COVID-19 viral test result on a sample taken no more than 90 days before the flight’s departure from a foreign country and a letter from a licensed healthcare provider or a public health official stating that you were cleared to travel).

• Like 1

If you don’t have Covid now just take the test.  The requirement is that you present a negative test result, no more, no less.  You could have 15 tests and if 14 were positive but one negative you fulfill the requirements. Don’t flame me, flame the bureaucracy 

43 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

If you don’t have Covid now just take the test.  The requirement is that you present a negative test result, no more, no less.  You could have 15 tests and if 14 were positive but one negative you fulfill the requirements. Don’t flame me, flame the bureaucracy 

The problem is you can test positive for 3 month after you are sick. We just don't want to get stuck in Vancouver unable to fly home.

1 minute ago, LJProk said:

The problem is you can test positive for 3 month after you are sick. We just don't want to get stuck in Vancouver unable to fly home.

You won’t know unless you test.  A positive test is not the end, try again for a negative test.  Else you will need to go across the border with ground transportation.  The rules for prior Covid are a process which can not be accomplished in an afternoon 

Edited by Mary229

17 minutes ago, LJProk said:

BTW, did you complete your ArriveCAN information?