Question about purchasing future cruise credits onboard

DorothyB

In the past, I have purchased these online.  However, it has been years - things change and I don't remember everything 🙂  I looked at ncl.com but didn't see answers to my question.

Are FCC still $500 each?  How are they currently sold on board?  I think there was a larger OBC if you bought more than one last time I bought them.  So is it $500 FCC and you get OBC of $200? or ???

And then If I purchase a cruise credit, using those numbers, my account will be charged $500 and I will get $200 OBC - can the $200 OBC be used to help pay for my account that has the $500 charged to it?  If my account has nothing else (friends paid for this cruise and prepaid the gratuities and we have paid for excursions so I suspect the only on board activity will be the purchase of FCC and the OBC from the purchase.  If I buy one FCC, then will my credit card just be charged the net of $300?  Do I need to do anything after purchasing the FCC to make this happen?

Thanks!!

6 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

They are $250 each and if you bought two for $500 you would get $250 credit in your account, the $250 credit can be used to pay for the certificates.

Thank you!!  That is how I thought it worked, but wasn't sure.  I had two that I am using on my June 10 cruise, so had $500 on my mind 🙂

• Like 1

You cannot buy FCC (except maybe online). That is something totally different than CruiseNext certificates that you buy onboard. 

Regular CruiseNext certificates are worth $250 each, you pay $125 each (if you buy 2 or more) and can only be used for deposits. There are also "lite" certificates and "Haven" certificates.

They convolute the purchase but the bottom line is that you pay half the face value and you can buy up to 8 at a time.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, julig22 said:

You cannot buy FCC (except maybe online). That is something totally different than CruiseNext certificates that you buy onboard. 

Regular CruiseNext certificates are worth $250 each, you pay $125 each (if you buy 2 or more) and can only be used for deposits. There are also "lite" certificates and "Haven" certificates.

They convolute the purchase but the bottom line is that you pay half the face value and you can buy up to 8 at a time.

^^^ Best answer! ^^^

Using the term/acronym "FCC" tends to muddle people's understanding of NCL's assorted Terms and Conditions.

While each might be very similar from cruisers' points of view, the usage of each "certificate" can be VERY, VERY different with NCL!!!

On our recent cruise, the amount of OBC varied depending on how many CruiseNext certificates you bought. One $250 certificate was good for $100 in OBC, but you'd get $250 of OBC if you bought two.

We figured that two at a time should be enough, unless you plan to book more than one cruise in advance before cruising again and buying more. Due to COVID, we scrambled to use our certificates that we bought on some pre-pandemic cruises. Not that we're likely to see the same thing happen again, though... 😁