A couple more Ocean Cay Questions

Mrs. Walkinman

Are any of the beaches at Ocean Cay easy access, like Half Moon Cay?  I need to use my walking stick, and need a beach with little to no surf, no drop offs, not full of rocks, and hopefully close to a bar!

Also, is there any place on the island that serves conch?  I love conch fritters and conch salad, and intend to go to Fish Fry in Nassau, but would love another conch meal.

There is a beach right off the dock called Lighthouse Beach.  They also offer the oversized golf carts as transportation all over the island.  The beach close to the dock is not very rocky if memory serves.

1 minute ago, GA Dave said:

There is a beach right off the dock called Lighthouse Beach.  They also offer the oversized golf carts as transportation all over the island.  The beach close to the dock is not very rocky if memory serves.

You are correct but the beach is a bit wide from the bar area to the water and the sand is deep/soft.  I found it was a lot of work to walk from my chair to the bar and back.  There was a tiny drop when I was there, like a step down.  

No conch chowder (or any other conch dish) on Ocean Cay.  Probably the best seafood item are the lobster rolls served at the Ocean House (restaurant for Yacht Club..only).

Hank

• Like 1