Silver Dawn/Moon: Preferred Silver Suite deck?

KenzSailing

We were on Dawn for the inaugural in April and were on Deck 10.

For the reasons already given we avoided Deck 9 but were also concerned that the traffic through to the Observation Lounge on Deck 11 would be problematic, however based on our voyage we need not have worried - the Observation Lounge was very quiet at all times.

The other benefit of Deck 10 is we bumped into the Captain - on his way to the bridge - a couple of times, and he (unrequested) arranged for a minor maintenance matter to be promptly attended to for us 😉          

• Like 1

On 6/2/2022 at 8:51 PM, CruisinPashmina said:

We always preferred  deck 11. I will be staying in a Silver, deck 11, on The Moon, in September. Being close to The Observation Lounge is a big plus.

Will you be on board for the Trans Atlantic?

We've been in Silver suites on 9, 10 and 11 on Moon/Dawn. We didn't have an issue with noise from the pool on 9 and appreciated the lower floor in some pretty rough seas.

In fact, the only overhead noise we ever encountered was in one of the suites we were in on 11 - crew doing some sort of maintenance/drill above a couple of times. Despite that we liked 11 for the proximity to the walking track and because the Observation Lounge  felt like our own private bar. We've also been in the suite next to the launderette on 11 and had no issue with noise.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Would welcome views on the Silver Suite that we have been offered on Silver Moon , 1006. This is three cabins away from the Bridge and Machotspur bumping into the Captain on the way to the Bridge made me wonder whether we would be likely to be disturbed by noise from the Bridge in this cabin.

Also  this would be our first voyage in a Silver Suite and on the subject of noise we have found in the past that the soundproofing in the Veranda suites is not always the best particularly with TV's being mounted on the wall. Has anyone experienced this issue in the Silver Suites?

On 6/5/2022 at 7:12 PM, machotspur said:

We were on Dawn for the inaugural in April and were on Deck 10.

For the reasons already given we avoided Deck 9 but were also concerned that the traffic through to the Observation Lounge on Deck 11 would be problematic, however based on our voyage we need not have worried - the Observation Lounge was very quiet at all times.

The other benefit of Deck 10 is we bumped into the Captain - on his way to the bridge - a couple of times, and he (unrequested) arranged for a minor maintenance matter to be promptly attended to for us 😉          

1 hour ago, Picky Traveller said:

…we have been offered on Silver Moon , 1006. This is three cabins away from the Bridge and Machotspur bumping into the Captain on the way to the Bridge made me wonder whether we would be likely to be disturbed by noise from the Bridge in this cabin.

Wait, what?  You’re worried about noise from the bridge and your three cabins away from it?

What do you think goes on in there?  They hang a disco ball from the ceiling and party 24-hours?  They play heavy metal music regularly and scream like a mad man during death and black metal songs?  They pound caffeine and energy drinks all night long and are bouncing off the walls?

C’mon. Relax. This is Silversea. You can afford a suite that 99% of the world can’t. It’s going to be unbelievably great. Enjoy yourself.  I promise you’ll sleep soundly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you for your input Stumblefoot.I appreciate the humour and the general positive thoughts towards Silversea.  Of course like everyone on this thread, I am sure that we feel lucky to be in a position to be considering spending a large sum of money on a holiday that will be out of the reach of many and to be travelling with Silversea. However the thread on this particular conversation is on  which deck to choose a Silver Suite and it is in that context that I asked the question .I wouldn't expect the captain and his crew to be partying on the Bridge but there may be other types of noise associated with being near the Bridge that are disturbing eg early morning docking , comms' with other operational parts of the ship etc. and it would be good to know whether anyone had found this to be an issue on Deck 10. 

• Like 2

On 8/20/2022 at 9:19 PM, Picky Traveller said:

Would welcome views on the Silver Suite that we have been offered on Silver Moon , 1006. This is three cabins away from the Bridge and Machotspur bumping into the Captain on the way to the Bridge made me wonder whether we would be likely to be disturbed by noise from the Bridge in this cabin.

In our experience to which you refer I can assure you that during our admittedly short cruise on Deck 10 we were not aware of any noise, from anywhere ! As a result we will be in a very similarly positioned Silver Suite on Silver Moon, in two weeks time, and again on Dawn next year.

As already stated our fears about being near the Observation Lounge when in a suite on Deck 11 were entirely erroneous - the lounge was very quiet. So now we would be happy with a Silver Suite on either Deck 10 or 11. As they say -  you pays your money and makes your choice !    

Enjoy !

PS - of course on Deck 10 you may have your own very senior housekeeping manager (with lots of stripes !) as we did 😉🤣

• Thanks 1

On 8/20/2022 at 3:19 PM, Picky Traveller said:

Also  this would be our first voyage in a Silver Suite and on the subject of noise we have found in the past that the soundproofing in the Veranda suites is not always the best particularly with TV's being mounted on the wall. Has anyone experienced this issue in the Silver Suites?

We were in that exact cabin on the Moon in July, no noise issues at all and very little traffic going to and from the bridge. By the way, the officers who do pass by do so in silence. It's a great Suite.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I like deck 9 and will be in 930 as a single for the Dawn crossing from Barbados to Lisbon 23 Mar to 4 Apr. 2023. Been quite a while since the last cruise in 2017. Miss Lynn may join me, but she's a no go for now. My reason for deck 9 and the location is that my old body has some mobility issues, cane and all, and I'll be right next to the elevator with easy access to most everything I'll want do. I'm really looking forward to being aboard ship again!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, dougburns said:

I like deck 9 and will be in 930 as a single for the Dawn crossing from Barbados to Lisbon 23 Mar to 4 Apr. 2023. Been quite a while since the last cruise in 2017.

Good to read you’ll be back on board a Silversea ship next year!  Sure wish we could have sailed with you and Miss Lynn on the Silver Moon transatlantic during the fall of 2020.