Policy Change to Best Price Guarantee

1 hour ago, hollon said:

So, if I book a cruise for this december and the price drops later, can I get a price adjustment or obc?  Sorry, so much to read and understand, thank you.

If I am reading your question correctly, you are asking if you book a cruise now in Nov for a cruise next month in December, will you get a price adjustment or OBC? The answer is no because if you are booking a cruise now for next month, you will pay in full and will be past final payment since the cruise is so soon.  If the price drops before your cruise next month, you can call and inquire about an upgrade depending on the actual price drop. 

If you mean December 2023, there are those options if the price drops before your final payment deadline. 

Sorry if I am misunderstanding your question. 

5 hours ago, sowhat said:

I am a firm beleaver that when you book a cruise for a given price, that is the price you pay and no price adjustments, as you were happy with the  price when booked
Also if you cancel you loose all monies paid.

The next time you encounter a price drop on one of your cruises feel free to not take advantage of it. I'm sure RCI will appreciate it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, hollon said:

So, if I book a cruise for this december and the price drops later, can I get a price adjustment or obc?  Sorry, so much to read and understand, thank you.

Booking a cruise after final payment only allows you 48 hours to get a price adjustment and that drop has to be on Royal's website not a published fare on a third party site.

6 hours ago, sowhat said:

I am a firm beleaver that when you book a cruise for a given price, that is the price you pay and no price adjustments, as you were happy with the  price when booked
Also if you cancel you loose all monies paid.

Do you not refinance your mortgage to take advantage of a lower rate? Do you turn down any raises at work because that's not the salary you agreed to when hired? Do you refuse to pay sale prices on items at the grocery store?

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The next time you encounter a price drop on one of your cruises feel free to not take advantage of it. I'm sure RCI will appreciate it.

Never had a price drop. Only  book 2 to 3 weeks before sail date

2 hours ago, blueslily said:

If I am reading your question correctly, you are asking if you book a cruise now in Nov for a cruise next month in December, will you get a price adjustment or OBC? The answer is no because if you are booking a cruise now for next month, you will pay in full and will be past final payment since the cruise is so soon.  If the price drops before your cruise next month, you can call and inquire about an upgrade depending on the actual price drop. 

If you mean December 2023, there are those options if the price drops before your final payment deadline. 

Sorry if I am misunderstanding your question. 

No you answered it perfectly, thank you

4 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Do you not refinance your mortgage to take advantage of a lower rate? Do you turn down any raises at work because that's not the salary you agreed to when hired? Do you refuse to pay sale prices on items at the grocery store?

1 the house price is the same, just refinancing  the outstanding balance
ie not adjusting the  original amount for the house
2  if i request a salary  increase,  my  employer  would  say find  another  job  ie if not satisfied  just leave
3  just inflate the prices  before  the sale to make  it look like a discount      ie Royal  Caribbean.

Edited by sowhat

3 minutes ago, sowhat said:

1 the house price is the same, just refinancing  the outstanding balance
ie not adjusting the  original amount for the house
2  if i request a salary  increase,  my  employer  would  say find  another  job                                                                         ie if not satisfied  just leave
3  just inflate the prices  before  the sale to make  it look like a discount                              ie Royal  Caribbean.

Wow, #2 is rough. 

To help with #3, I usually track prices so I can truly know if the "sale" price is really a sale or not. The funny math online at times is indeed funny. But, tracking helps the reality set in. 

Happy cruising.