Here's what's happening following my Positive cancellation

GottaKnowWhen

49 minutes ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

To get the COR, you first need a PCR test. That establishes Day 1. On day 11 you can get a COR, and you can travel without further testing on days 11-90. 

Thanks, my confusion was the name of the tests.  If a RT-PCR is the same as a EMED.  I am not familiar with that name. 

7 minutes ago, itsanita said:

Thanks, my confusion was the name of the tests.  If a RT-PCR is the same as a EMED.  I am not familiar with that name. 

The eMed tests are antigen tests. PCR tests are a different type of test. You would typically need to obtain a PCR test at a clinic, physician’s office, or pharmacy. The antigen test is not adequate for establishing day 1 for the COR.

eMed is just a company that sells Abbott Bionax Now tests (Lateral Flow Antigen) and includes a telemed service to monitor you taking the test and certify the results.  These tests return results in 15 minutes and are accepted by Celebrity

www.emed.com

They are also available for sale via Optum which has a Celebrity specific link

https://store.optum.com/celebrity-cruises-tests/

1 hour ago, itsanita said:

OK, I think I see. My first test was a home test, antigen. Then I had a PCR "for the record" at my Urgent Care to verify and document that I was Positive on that date, Day 1. Then, a few weeks later, two days prior to my planned cruise, I took another antigen test, the Abbott test monitored online with eMed. That was the one which showed I was still slightly Positive and was enough to keep me from being approved for entry to Bermuda.

There are a few brand-names for the various tests, there are a few different types of tests, and many, myself included, tend to use the brand name rather than talking about the type of test that the particular brand is selling.

I feel your pain re: trying to get back refunds and FCC's.

Celebrity cancelled our Galapagos cruise 5 days from sailing in 2019 with 100% refund and 100% FCC.  We rebooked for 2020 with FCC and cash, that was cancelled.

Then we rebooked for 2021 again and even though they were sailing 1/2 the itinerary was gone due to Covid so we cancelled.

Refunds were all over the map dollar wise and I was managing 3 pairs of reservations.

Took over a year and 100 booking confirmations to figure out the numbers along with a special person at Celebrity who worked exclusively with me to figure it all out.

Their refund system makes no rhyme or reason. 😰

5 hours ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

OK, I think I see. My first test was a home test, antigen. Then I had a PCR "for the record" at my Urgent Care to verify and document that I was Positive on that date, Day 1. Then, a few weeks later, two days prior to my planned cruise, I took another antigen test, the Abbott test monitored online with eMed. That was the one which showed I was still slightly Positive and was enough to keep me from being approved for entry to Bermuda.

There are a few brand-names for the various tests, there are a few different types of tests, and many, myself included, tend to use the brand name rather than talking about the type of test that the particular brand is selling.

iHealth is the test distributed for free by the US Government.   Go online at covid.gov/tests to order.  They will send you tests.