Cheers Billing Question

CruiseBluze

Hello! Long time reader, first time poster. 🙂 My hubby booked a father/son cruise and paid for the Cheers package for himself. Our son is a juvenile so no Cheers for him. The Cheers package isn't showing up on the Booking and Order Details page like the other Fun Shop purchases he's made so we can't verify the billing info other than checking our credit card statement. 

This brings me to my question.... or story with a question at the end... I recently accepted a new job which means I can let them know that we have a vacation planned and paid for this summer. Score! I have been added to the cruise! 🙂 The problem is, my hubby had already paid for Cheers for himself prior to me being added to the cruise. The Cheers purchase isn't showing on the Order Details page, but the system tells us that I cannot purchase Cheers because all of the adults in the cabin have already booked and paid for it. We checked our credit card that was used for the original Cheers package and there haven't been any new charges since I've been added to the booking.  

Will Carnival automatically add Cheers for me when we board and charge it to our S&S card or have we lucked out and I won't have to pay for it?

I don't drink so there's no need for me to have the package. I'm a soda and water gal so I won't benefit from it at all, but hubby can so him having it and me not being forced to purchase would benefit both of us.

Has anyone experienced this before that can provide some insight? Has anyone been added to a cabin that already had Cheers purchased that can tell me if they were automatically added to the Cheers package for the cabin? If so, how were you charged for it?

We pre-ordered Cheers, and it shows up on the Booking and Order detail page, under Activities and Services Order History.  It is right at the bottom though, after "your cruise companions".  Not sure why you can't see your booking for it.

I have no idea whether Carnival is going to react to "another adult" in the room with no Cheers.  I would let it just ride, but make sure you have the original email for the (single) purchase of Cheers in case something happens once on board.

More than likely you will be charged for Cheers on the first day of the cruise. They are pretty strict about this. It's the same as if your husband went up to a bar during embarkation and ordered Cheers just for himself, they'd automatically charge you for it as well.

If you happen to slip through it would be unprecedented as far as I am aware.

The rule is if one person in the room has cheers, everyone over the age of 21 has to have the Cheers package.  I would do whatever you can to cancel the package or you are going to get stuck with a package that supplies you with 15 alcohol drinks a day and you don't drink alcohol.  

14 hours ago, CruiseBluze said:

Hello! Long time reader, first time poster. 🙂 My hubby booked a father/son cruise and paid for the Cheers package for himself. Our son is a juvenile so no Cheers for him. The Cheers package isn't showing up on the Booking and Order Details page like the other Fun Shop purchases he's made so we can't verify the billing info other than checking our credit card statement. 

This brings me to my question.... or story with a question at the end... I recently accepted a new job which means I can let them know that we have a vacation planned and paid for this summer. Score! I have been added to the cruise! 🙂 The problem is, my hubby had already paid for Cheers for himself prior to me being added to the cruise. The Cheers purchase isn't showing on the Order Details page, but the system tells us that I cannot purchase Cheers because all of the adults in the cabin have already booked and paid for it. We checked our credit card that was used for the original Cheers package and there haven't been any new charges since I've been added to the booking.  

Will Carnival automatically add Cheers for me when we board and charge it to our S&S card or have we lucked out and I won't have to pay for it?

I don't drink so there's no need for me to have the package. I'm a soda and water gal so I won't benefit from it at all, but hubby can so him having it and me not being forced to purchase would benefit both of us.

Has anyone experienced this before that can provide some insight? Has anyone been added to a cabin that already had Cheers purchased that can tell me if they were automatically added to the Cheers package for the cabin? If so, how were you charged for it?

IMO.......Carnival will not charge you for Cheers at this time. However, I would be prepared for a potential charge once on board.

If it were me in your situation I wouldn't say a word since you don't really need Cheers, but at the same time be prepared for a charge to your sail and sign card once on board just in case.