Room Service

I was on the Splendor and it took less than 10 minutes to get my morning room service order delivered.  Even ordered a sandwich one afternoon and it was there very quickly.  It took longer for me to go to Java Blue and get my coffee.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Luckysll said:

I was on the Splendor and it took less than 10 minutes to get my morning room service order delivered.  Even ordered a sandwich one afternoon and it was there very quickly.  It took longer for me to go to Java Blue and get my coffee.

Thank you, that's not too long for us!

Just back from our 3 day on Liberty. There were no Room Service hangers in the room. Saturday I was up at 6:13, called room service for coffee and muffins, it was there in 10 minutes.  Same thing Sunday but just a little later. I was satisfied with that. This morning, got up at 5, got dressed and went up to lido to get coffee. Either way was ok, but I still like the card way better.

15 hours ago, grillinchillin said:

With the crew shortage, we did not order room service on this last cruise.

We did hear from others that it took much longer than expected and the accuracy was not up to par.

Seems like they just need to pay people more to alleviant being short-staffed. (Like here in the states) Poor service levels will really hurt them in the future as people consider which type of vacation they are willing to pay for. 

2 hours ago, Scotto97 said:

Seems like they just need to pay people more to alleviant being short-staffed. (Like here in the states) Poor service levels will really hurt them in the future as people consider which type of vacation they are willing to pay for. 

Fact or not ------  Carnival is blaming their understaffing on the inability of the State Dept to process visas in a timely fashion.  I believe there is an adequate supply of potential employees.

2 hours ago, Scotto97 said:

The cruise lines have access to an essentially unlimited supply of labor in the developing world. All they have to do is teach them English basically.

The cruise industry is dealing with worker shortages because the State department is not issuing Visas fast enough.

Ehhhh.....it is all semantics.  Is it short staffed or overbooked?  Carnival can always limit passenger count to their staffing levels.

Some companies get it right, they have adapted their business to the current conditions with the goal of maintaining their service standards.  Others are okay with offering a degraded experience for their customers in the quest for profit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ray98 said:

Ehhhh.....it is all semantics.  Is it short staffed or overbooked?  Carnival can always limit passenger count to their staffing levels.

Some companies get it right, they have adapted their business to the current conditions with the goal of maintaining their service standards.  Others are okay with offering a degraded experience for their customers in the quest for profit.

I understand what you are saying, and I don't look forward to a lesser experience, but maybe it is a quest for survival, considering the debt they had to take on during the pandemic lockdowns. We want the industry to survive, right?