Arriving at port day of cruise

We have done this in the past with a Non Stop flight, but now a days No.  Also, that same day travel always had me turning in early. That means I'm losing vacation time!

Edited by jimdalva

On 6/2/2022 at 9:58 AM, zoepipes said:

We are traveling with friends who plan on flying into FLL, arriving at noon, the day of the cruise.  Is that something that is recommended?  We're extra cautious and will be coming in the day before.

I think you/they already know the answer.

Only way I'd feel comfortable with a same-day flight would be if it arrived early in the morning. I'm talking the 9 am and earlier window. Maybe I'd chance it as late as 10 am. Maybe. Definitely not noon, and definitely not during Thanksgiving week. No way. There is way too much that could go wrong here.

20 minutes ago, zoepipes said:

This is a November 26 cruise - no summer storms (not to say there may not be other weather events).

You're probably right LOL. No summer storms, but I'd still never recommend same day flying in as cruise departure day. Placing oneself into a potential "pier runner" status isn't worth it. Spending an extra couple hundred bucks for an overnight stay near the port is worth it.

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

I think you/they already know the answer.

I don't think it's a good idea, they think they have plenty of time.  I tried.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything works out.

Edited by zoepipes