Have I missed anything?

austlo

We are preparing for an NCL cruise which starts in Copenhagen and ends at Port Canaveral Florida. I have set out some details below and would be grateful for any thoughts/feedback. I’m afraid I may have missed something important. 

-Embarkation is Tuesday June 14 and disembarkation June 27

-Flights: Westjet leaving June 12, arriving Copenhagen on June 13 (Ottawa,Toronto,Gatwick and Easyjet to Copenhagen)

-Negative Covid antigen test required 3 days before embarkation

-I have booked Covid test for late afternoon Sat June 11 (and have one booked on morning of June 12 as a backup if needed)

Questions/confirmation please:

-believe testing on June 11th meets the timeline for testing; although I have seen 72 hour requirement in threads but can’t find on NCL site.  

-does not appear we need a negative Covid test to fly out. Agree?

-will we need a negative Covid test to disembark in Florida and if so, does NCL test on ship?

-ArriveCan app can be completed once we arrive in Florida for our 6pm flight on June 27 ..or do we need to complete earlier?

thanks for your help!

LA

21 minutes ago, austlo said:

We are preparing for an NCL cruise which starts in Copenhagen and ends at Port Canaveral Florida. I have set out some details below and would be grateful for any thoughts/feedback. I’m afraid I may have missed something important. 

-Embarkation is Tuesday June 14 and disembarkation June 27

-Flights: Westjet leaving June 12, arriving Copenhagen on June 13 (Ottawa,Toronto,Gatwick and Easyjet to Copenhagen)

-Negative Covid antigen test required 3 days before embarkation

-I have booked Covid test for late afternoon Sat June 11 (and have one booked on morning of June 12 as a backup if needed)

Questions/confirmation please:

-believe testing on June 11th meets the timeline for testing; although I have seen 72 hour requirement in threads but can’t find on NCL site.  

-does not appear we need a negative Covid test to fly out. Agree?

-will we need a negative Covid test to disembark in Florida and if so, does NCL test on ship?

-ArriveCan app can be completed once we arrive in Florida for our 6pm flight on June 27 ..or do we need to complete earlier?

thanks for your help!

LA

Your testing timeline is fine. From the NCL website:

Unless otherwise stipulated by local regulations (Cruise Travel Requirements by Country) that would supersede our policy, at time of check-in, all guests above the age of 2 will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 antigen or NAAT test (I.e. PCR) result administered by a verified third party or via medically supervised home test within two days prior to embarkation date for cruises originating in a U.S. or Canadian port and within three days prior for voyages departing from a non-U.S. port. Guests must bring digital or printed proof of negative test results.

The linked "Cruise Travel Requirements by Country" does not contain anything for Denmark that would change the three-day time frame.

No need for COVID test for you outbound flights or for your entry to US at disembarkation.

The timing for your ArriveCAN app submission is fine. You can do it up to 72 hours in advance, but doing it after disembarking is fine.

It seems like you have everything covered. Enjoy your cruise!

We just got back from a Cruise on Princess out and back from Fort Lauderdale.

Relatively easy but we had to complete our ArriveCan app before we could finish our check in at the airport to fly home.  The agent needs to see that it is done.

17 hours ago, austlo said:

Embarkation is Tuesday June 14 and disembarkation June 27

Would love if you could come back to share your experience with those connections and airlines.  I have to admit I am a bit nervous for you.

Thank you all for responding. 

Miss G…you’ve had a bad experience with these airlines?  I think I’m most worried about the Easyjet one. Fingers crossed 

6 minutes ago, austlo said:

Thank you all for responding. 

Miss G…you’ve had a bad experience with these airlines?  I think I’m most worried about the Easyjet one. Fingers crossed 

No bad experiences with Westjet and haven’t flown Easyjet.  It’s just the stories you read of delays and cancellations directly related to the epidemic.  One good thing about Easyjet is that they have multiple flights per day, so if you miss your connection there are always more.  Fingers crossed for you here too!

We have had good luck with west jet, but there have been many cancellations.   
we have also flown easy jet without issue and it is our preference over Ryanair. 

Sounds like you have a day of grace,  are your flights booked through the cruise line? 
and do you have trip cancellation and interruption insurance?   That way you have some back up if you need to find other flights.