If cabin mate tested positive for covid before cruise can i still go without them?

sylver2

It's a family cruise sailing out this weekend, i was sharing a cabin with a cousin. the cousin tested positive and wont be able to going which is unfortunate for her. but Im fine and i dont want to miss my trip. Will they still let me cruise without a cabin mate?

Edited by sylver2
title

• sylver2 changed the title to If cabin mate tested positive for covid before cruise can i still go without them?
8 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Have you been exposed to the cousin or anyone else with covid?

no i havent even seen her she lives far away from me. the cruise wouldve been our first time seeing each other in months. im fine. 

Edited by sylver2

52 minutes ago, sylver2 said:

no i havent even seen her she lives far away from me. the cruise wouldve been our first time seeing each other in months. im fine. 

I think you will be okay but might have some explaining to do. If cuz is going to be a no show, that might be easiest.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Not likely, according to posted policy, all travelers are cancelled.image.thumb.png.f1b6e99474445d484f080959be9228bd.png

That is specific to testing at embarkation.  If you have had no contact with the person, you don't qualify as a close contact. But I might verify with Carnival and ask how to proceed.

23 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

That is specific to testing at embarkation.  If you have had no contact with the person, you don't qualify as a close contact. But I might verify with Carnival and ask how to proceed.

I take it to mean tests positive prior to embarkation.  Others have reported announcing a positive test resulted in cancelation for the entire stateroom.

I would be interested in Carnival’s response.  We had the same situation arise on a Royal cruise. We had two cabins booked and one from my cabin tested positive.  Since i had not seen her for two weeks, I went and she and her mom in the other cabin both were no shows.  While I could have gotten a refund on all four passengers, the other guest and I still wanted to cruise, so we did and really enjoyed having our individual cabins.  

last month on our Panorama cruise, my sister's mother in law tested positive.  Because my sister and her mother in law did not live together Carnival had no problem letting my sister still go on the cruise. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dallasdan said:

One other thing to note.  When she cancelled her mother in law it cleared out her Verifly and she didn't know it until we went to board.  Good thing she had the paper work back up.

I would always have the paper. A cell phone could be lost, stolen, or break.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2022 at 8:05 PM, Elaine5715 said:

Not likely, according to posted policy, all travelers are cancelled.image.thumb.png.f1b6e99474445d484f080959be9228bd.png

Two sisters in our cruise group were sharing a cabin but didn’t live in the same state.  One tested positive and had to cancel.  The other one sailed with us.  We got home last night.