ES aft balconies

bookbabe

Question for those who have stayed in (or visited) an AFT explorer suite…

Are the balcony sizes in the aft explorer suites different from deck to deck?  If they are different, which deck is biggest?  Do they generally all have the same furniture?  

I’ve seen a few cabin tour videos, but I can’t really tell if the balconies are the same size or not, and some videos don’t give a cabin number.  The aft ES suites seem to be a pretty similar size on the inside, but I’m just wondering about the balconies.  We’d be particularly interested in pics or feedback on deck 5 aft ES, since that’s what we are looking at booking.

I've only ever been in an ES on the 5th deck, stern.  Absolutely loved it.  The balcony was quite large, but I couldn't really tell if it was larger or smaller than the cabins above or below us.  We had a couple of chairs and a small table, a lounge on the side and, our favorite, a double chaise lounge facing aft.  We liked that suite so much, we booked the same suite for our next cruise!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BlairsvilleCruiseGirl said:

I've only ever been in an ES on the 5th deck, stern.  Absolutely loved it.  The balcony was quite large, but I couldn't really tell if it was larger or smaller than the cabins above or below us.  We had a couple of chairs and a small table, a lounge on the side and, our favorite, a double chaise lounge facing aft.  We liked that suite so much, we booked the same suite for our next cruise!

We arranged to take tours of both aft ES suites on deck 5 last month on Jupiter.  You are right, they are quite nice.  Did you have any problems with the infinity pool sloshing water onto the deck?  

Deck 5 is what we ended up booking, thinking 6 would have issues from the pool area above.  We generally like higher decks, thus 5 instead of 4 (or saving money with 3).   I’m glad to know people have liked deck 5.  @BlairsvilleCruiseGirl you don’t happen to have any pics or videos from your stay, do you?  Everything I’ve found online is mostly from deck 3 and deck 6 ES cabins, and one deck 4 video.  For some strange reason, I can’t find anything showing 5108 or 5109…

On 6/7/2022 at 4:23 PM, millybess said:

We arranged to take tours of both aft ES suites on deck 5 last month on Jupiter.  You are right, they are quite nice.  Did you have any problems with the infinity pool sloshing water onto the deck?  

In early 2019, my mom and I were in an aft ES suite on Deck 3, for a short (7-night) cruise on the Sky.  We had water from the infiniti pool splashing - really more like flowing at times - onto our balcony 3 or 4 different times.  The crew was great about mopping up, etc., but it happened once while we were actually on the balcony and we both got a bit wet.   FWIW, this didn't seem to be related to ship movement, as it happened at least once while we were docked.  This has been quite some time ago by this point, of course, so they may have figured out how to resolve it.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, aungrl said:

In early 2019, my mom and I were in an aft ES suite on Deck 3, for a short (7-night) cruise on the Sky.  We had water from the infiniti pool splashing - really more like flowing at times - onto our balcony 3 or 4 different times.  The crew was great about mopping up, etc., but it happened once while we were actually on the balcony and we both got a bit wet.   FWIW, this didn't seem to be related to ship movement, as it happened at least once while we were docked.  This has been quite some time ago by this point, of course, so they may have figured out how to resolve it.

Thanks aungrl. I went  and looked at a photo of the ship and I’m wondering if deck 3 often had water from the infinity pool because deck 3 sticks out more.  It’s hard to say if deck 5 would have the same problem. 

17 hours ago, millybess said:

Thanks aungrl. I went  and looked at a photo of the ship and I’m wondering if deck 3 often had water from the infinity pool because deck 3 sticks out more.  It’s hard to say if deck 5 would have the same problem. 

Maybe at the inside edge of the balcony?  It does look a little close to the pool when you look at pictures.  I screenshotted this pic, I think it shows the aft balconies really well, although it doesn’t show deck three.  I might see if the room steward can move the double lounger out of that splash zone if it ends up being a problem.

90BF5A7B-85A1-4E2C-802B-D537F7368BA2.jpeg

Edited by bookbabe

On 6/7/2022 at 4:23 PM, millybess said:

Not that we ever noticed.  While under way, the infinity pool is drawn down several inches, and there is a catch basin below/around it so if the weather is bad it won't overflow (and if the weather is bad, chances are we won't be out on the balcony anyway).  Our cabin attendant would bring in the cushions and stash them in the corner of the living area if the weather was bad and then put them back out as soon as it got nice again.  This worked out great, because we never had to deal with soggy cushions!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, millybess said:

Excellent photo thanks.  When are you travelling?  It would be great to get your thoughts on this ES.

Thank “Danny” who does all the cruise videos…screenshotted it from his Viking overview one.  🙂  Although I think he got the clip from one of Viking’s videos, so maybe thank them?

Not travelling until Sept 2023, In the Wake of The Vikings, but I’ll try to remember to come back to this thread with an update.

Edited by bookbabe