WiFi

malcliz

We have the free at sea package for our 7 day cruise in August which includes 150 free minutes. I notice on the app there is an offer to upgrade now to unlimited WiFi for the week at a cost of £87. Does anyone know the cost on board and whether it is worthwhile buying this in advance now?

It's likely the same cost on board.  However - if you can hold out using any of the minutes, when you go to use the internet on the second day you get an offer that will credit you for the unused minutes AND you save a day of cost for the internet.  There are a few threads on this very topic floating around...

11 minutes ago, hallux said:

It's likely the same cost on board.  However - if you can hold out using any of the minutes, when you go to use the internet on the second day you get an offer that will credit you for the unused minutes AND you save a day of cost for the internet.  There are a few threads on this very topic floating around...

Oh thank you. That is helpful. I will look for the threads. 

To be clear - you get credit for the unused 150 minute package if you buy the upgrade on embarkation day, but you save the cost of the first day (which you only really get half of due to embarkation procedures) by waiting until the day after embarkation.

We just got off the Pearl today and once my free 150 ran out, it offered 100 additional minutes for $75. I just used hubby’s free minutes since he preferred to detach. Disembarked with an hour of free time left. 

I'm still confused about this. When I login to NCL I see the option to upgrade. There are checkboxes next to my name and my husbands name and it is an extra $100 each for the upgrade. If I only check his box and pay can we share it? Or will he only get the wifi? This seems different then it used to be.

30 minutes ago, KarimaJ said:

I'm still confused about this. When I login to NCL I see the option to upgrade. There are checkboxes next to my name and my husbands name and it is an extra $100 each for the upgrade. If I only check his box and pay can we share it? Or will he only get the wifi? This seems different then it used to be.

The upgrade against each 150 minutes is for one device to be connected at a time.  If you upgrade one person's plan you would then need to use THAT login for the unlimited and only one device at a time can be connected to the full internet.

On 6/4/2022 at 7:40 PM, hallux said:

The upgrade against each 150 minutes is for one device to be connected at a time.  If you upgrade one person's plan you would then need to use THAT login for the unlimited and only one device at a time can be connected to the full internet.

Ok thank you, that’s fine with us to share it. I just didn’t want to pay that x 2.

• Can you use your minutes in small chunks - logging on then off after checking mail for example, or is it like some companies where once you've logged on for the first time the clock runs until you've used them all up ?
  • Thanks.

8 hours ago, pspercy said:
  • Can you use your minutes in small chunks - logging on then off after checking mail for example, or is it like some companies where once you've logged on for the first time the clock runs until you've used them all up ?
  • Thanks.

Log on/off as many times as you want, the time is used in increments of 1 minute and the timer stops when you log off...