Fine Cut on the Beyond

Cookie002

Hello 

Just to let you know, we disembarked the beyond today, and I have a few comments regarding Fine Cut.

We ate there last night, and were somewhat disappointed. It seemed very disorganized and a little chaotic, although I think there were only twelve or 15 tables open ( we dined later at 8:30 and there was only 900 on the cruise itself)

Appetizers were very good and came out somewhat promptly. I had the Caesar and my friend the tuna tartar. They were both very good, but not spectacular- (now I am judging everything to Edens level)

Here is the weird thing, it was over an hour after our appetizers to get our main courses. And we just could not figure out why, as the restaurant was pretty much deserted. And, wait staff just avoided the table in this period of time pretty much.

steaks arrived, and they were good ( but no wow factor).

other thing, we ordered a mid range bottle of wine, and it took two people and 25 minutes to located that bottle.

The day before, we met a couple who said they were very disappointed in Fine cut, it took them an hour for their meals, the gentleman said he thought it was because he ordered the prime rib and told us not to order it. We didn’t, and there still was a long wait so I am not sure what is going on. I had the rib eye, good- and truffle fries (mediocre) my friend had filet mignon  (good) and mushrooms (good)

Pictures enclosed for reference. 

It just surprises me to see such total disorganization and poor service in one specialty restaurant and see the pinnacle of food and service in another - Eden.

Just one girls opinion

5675994F-BC0B-435E-B333-37BB4C22D67C.jpeg

8E2455BB-6F51-46F6-BEF9-7F3EBDB7D648.jpeg

3F958CA5-C357-4692-89B5-632E4B45F9E7.jpeg

2953929E-C18D-4527-875C-F0218384566E.jpeg

1C38362E-69CD-4ADE-9690-8D9B397FC6E8.jpeg

46727C08-088E-429A-A2CB-321D95D10E2B.jpeg

61BC9AF6-994B-4914-AEFD-B914A4D36835.jpeg

Edited by Cookie002
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

My son and I ate at Fine Cut on the maiden voyage of the Beyond.  It was a total disappointment- all the other restaurants were fabulous.  I ordered prime rib and it was totally over cooked.  I sent the first serving back and the second was not any better.  My advice - stay away from the prime rib if you go!

• Like 2

On 6/4/2022 at 3:22 AM, mfs2k said:

Sorry to hear. Hope they get their act together. I have a res 5 months from now. 

I hope they get their act together too, as I am dinning in Nov.