Excursion Payments - e check versus credit card

jss5200

We are booked on the Viking Homelands in late August. In a few weeks we'll be able to book our excursions and I am wondering if we can pay for those with an e check instead of a credit card. All of our banking info is saved in our MVJ account as that's how we paid for our cruise (instead of by credit card). I know we need to pay for the excursions we really want to do as soon as we put them in our cart rather than just saving them in our cart. If we can pay by e check, does that slow down the checkout process in any way? Thanks for any advice!

19 minutes ago, jss5200 said:

We are booked on the Viking Homelands in late August. In a few weeks we'll be able to book our excursions and I am wondering if we can pay for those with an e check instead of a credit card. All of our banking info is saved in our MVJ account as that's how we paid for our cruise (instead of by credit card). I know we need to pay for the excursions we really want to do as soon as we put them in our cart rather than just saving them in our cart. If we can pay by e check, does that slow down the checkout process in any way? Thanks for any advice!

Yes you can pay with checking.  And get 3.3 pct off.   To speed things up have the checking account info pre- loaded.

on another note, if you have Viking vouchers that need to be used, Viking will try to make you use that.  

finally, if you have a TA and get onboard credits, Vikings system now tries to use those on excursions you already paid for and send you the cash or credit back to you before the cruise, whether you want that or not.  New change.

I toyed with idea of doing the bank transfer and saving the 3.3% but to be honest, the credit card I put them on (Chase Sapphire Reserve) pays me 3X points for anything I book with travel so the 3.3% I would have paid almost paid for our air to Europe. Plus if I use that credit card, I then have a full travel insurance coverage on the entire trip at no additional cost. 

Thanks for the advice. I did notice that the only credit cards I could enter into our MVJ account are Visa and AmEx. I wonder if you can use Mastercard once you're onboard?