Deluxe Drink Package - Reserve Online vs Onboard Ship

If we buy the package online and once onboard (embarkation day) find we can buy it at a cheaper price, can we go to guest services and cancel the online package and buy the package at the cheaper price? For example, right now we can reserve our deluxe drink package for $78pp (x2) = $1092. It seems that often on the day of embarkation there is usually a BOGO offer for about $84 + 1/2 off for second person. That would come out to $882, a significant savings. 

I will just say that if you see BOGO at $84 that’s typically going to “mean” $84 a person.

$84 at BOGO means $63 a person, and there’s no way that price is being offered at embarkation right now 

Edited by doppelganger2621

21 minutes ago, Bigpaw said:

If we buy the package online and once onboard (embarkation day) find we can buy it at a cheaper price, can we go to guest services and cancel the online package and buy the package at the cheaper price? For example, right now we can reserve our deluxe drink package for $78pp (x2) = $1092. It seems that often on the day of embarkation there is usually a BOGO offer for about $84 + 1/2 off for second person. That would come out to $882, a significant savings. 

Don’t forget they add 18% gratuity so that $1092 becomes $1288.56. I’ve been watching peoples posts of the drink pkg prices on board and they’re always more than if you buy ahead.

3 hours ago, Bigpaw said:

can we go to guest services and cancel the online package and buy the package at the cheaper price?

Yes. On board you will also likely have the option of waiting till the second day to buy - which could save enough to tilt in favor of buying on board.

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Yes. On board you will also likely have the option of waiting till the second day to buy - which could save enough to tilt in favor of buying on board.

Good point but that would never work for me. Day one of a cruise is almost always the day I get the biggest benefit from the drink package.