Premium Beverage Package

pamelab

On 6/4/2022 at 10:03 PM, casofilia said:

@pamelab

There have been discussions of late of problems getting drinks in Greek ports especially after embarkation.

Otherwise I have never heard of a problem.

My understanding is that this is only the case if you do NOT have a package.  If you have the package, you are technically not buying a drink in port (because the package is already paid for) as opposed to someone who does not have a package paid for already and wants to buy a single drink.  

I don't know how accurate that is, but I found the clarification on another series of posts, which were apparently validated by several people on a Greece cruise.  I hope it's accurate because we are on a Greek cruise in Sept. and we DO have the prepaid package. 

On 6/4/2022 at 11:15 PM, BirdTravels said:

The package gives you the opportunity to try all of the foo foo umbrella drinks you would t pay for at your local bar. Expand your drink horizon on a cruise. What happens on a cruise usually stays on the cruise. 

Unless it ends up on the 6 o'clock news!

Elvis 

On 7/2/2022 at 5:06 PM, sbsmutoni said:

My understanding is that this is only the case if you do NOT have a package.  If you have the package, you are technically not buying a drink in port (because the package is already paid for) as opposed to someone who does not have a package paid for already and wants to buy a single drink.  

I don't know how accurate that is, but I found the clarification on another series of posts, which were apparently validated by several people on a Greece cruise.  I hope it's accurate because we are on a Greek cruise in Sept. and we DO have the prepaid package. 

The post you quoted is old and referred to the situation back then when nobody could get a drink in Greek ports on the Jade regardless of having the package.

That was then resolved and the situation you describe is how it is now that they have got it sorted.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 1