FCC Expiration Date

bac513

I have FCCs which are not eligible for “no expiration date”.  The FCCs state cruise must be taken by December 2, 2023. Does that mean that a December 2, 2023 cruise would be eligible or does the cruise have to be completed by the expiration date? Any help would be appreciated.

7 minutes ago, bac513 said:

I have FCCs which are not eligible for “no expiration date”.  The FCCs state cruise must be taken by December 2, 2023. Does that mean that a December 2, 2023 cruise would be eligible or does the cruise have to be completed by the expiration date? Any help would be appreciated.

How do you know they are not eligible for sure? I just had a FCC with a book by date of April 2022 that I didn't use but was able to use to book a cruise three days ago for a March 2024 cruise after the email .

2 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

How do you know they are not eligible for sure? I just had a FCC with a book by date of April 2022 that I didn't use but was able to use to book a cruise three days ago for a March 2024 cruise after the email .

I was assuming since they were not related to a cancellation, but an on board issue..I guess I will call X and get 5 different answers.

16 hours ago, bac513 said:

The rules were just relaxed.  You should be able to use your FCC's.

17 hours ago, bac513 said:

Usually, that date is the sailing date rather than the completion date.  If it's a critical situation, though, you really might want to get on the horn with X and clarify that.

Good news.  I just received an email from Celebrity and they re-issued a new set of FCC's for a cruise that I cancelled later this year.  I had applied FCC's to that cruise so I got them back in the original amounts.  And there is no expiration date for them.  So good to go for any future cruise.