Celebrity Air from UK to Europe - Lufthansa or Vueling?

NeroliGirl

Hi 

I'm considering using Celebrity Air to join the Edge in Barcelona in July - does anyone have any experience of flying from the UK to a European destination using Celebrity Air? The options offered on Celebrity's web site for this cruise are flying with Lufthansa from London Heathrow (via Munich), or Vueling non-stop from London Gatwick. Both airlines have pretty awful reviews, with Vueling faring worse. I can't decide between the non-stop from Gatwick on a worse airline, or the Heathrow-Munich-Barcelona on a slightly better airline but with the added risk of missing the connection at Munich and missing the embarkation.

We've not done a fly-cruise before so a bit nervous about making sure we arrive on time!

I normally go for the direct route as there is less chance of losing your luggage and it not appearing until the end of the cruise.

You are correct Vueling are xx!xx !, but I presume you are a UK resident so by purchasing the flight through Celebrity you will be buying a package so they have the responsibility to get you to the ship.

Before booking anything through Celebrity I would look at flying in at least the day before, just so sensible when you could miss your cruise or (owing to the chaos in UK airports)  preferably two days before. Barcelona is a fabulous city so a pleasure to stay in.

Even in ‘normal’ times flying in the day of your cruise is always risky. Giving yourself a few days margin will open up a wide range of carriers. Do some browsing before limiting yourself to two carriers.