NCL Website Goofs

Was pricing out a new itinerary that caught my eye for a one way trip leaving out of Paris. It looked decent for a 12 day cruise, until I added in the flights. Flights themselves are ok, but they're charging 3.99 million dollars for the ground transportation. Are they going to have little French children wearing berets going and lining the streets with croissants for us to step on the whole way?

What are some of the funniest goofs you've come across? Seems to be happening way too often lately, they need a better IT department for sure.

image.thumb.png.d5dc88ba334ae9175ae4d47afec1f783.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

@Sailing12Away

I hope that you are not thinking of telling NCL about those errors!!!   Over the years I have found many, have informed my PCC and never had a "thank you" from anyone even when they have been corrected.

If you ever find something seriously wrong with what NCL has promulgated certainly don't bother to inform Mr Del Rio, Mr Sommer of Ms Byrd, not one of them will even acknowledge emails to them, never mind answering them.   For those three "Customer Service" is a total oxymoron.

1 hour ago, casofilia said:

If you ever find something seriously wrong with what NCL has promulgated certainly don't bother to inform Mr Del Rio, Mr Sommer of Ms Byrd, not one of them will even acknowledge emails to them, never mind answering them. 

You don't really think it is these people answering emails, right?  That would be like somebody in the USA believing that if they write their congressman they'll actually get a personal response.  I've done that a few times over the years.  It's a joke.  Some intern responds with the closest canned response they have saying something along the lines of "Thank you for your concern!  We really value you input!  Rest assured, we are giving this top priority!" blah, blah, blah.....

• Haha 2

@ChiefMateJRK

Some intern responds with the closest canned response they have saying something along the lines of "Thank you for your concern!  We really value you input!  Rest assured, we are giving this top priority!"

The only problem is that they haven't even got the decency to do that!!!   "Customer Service"  "bah humbug".

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, casofilia said:

The only problem is that they haven't even got the decency to do that!!! 

In "fairness" to NCL, it's probably just a sign that their craptastic IT systems don't even get the email to the intern who sends the canned responses.  We're planning a fall cruise.  Just yesterday, DW called it up on the NCL app on her phone.  The dates were off by one day.  Why?  Who knows?  She was concerned that I had given her and DD bad info.  I produced the actual NCL booking invoice as my defense.  That's NCL for ya'.

For me, the crazy pricing pops up when the flight perk (2nd person flies free) is added for TA Escape 11/1 (has been as "low" as $2MM or high as 5MM) and just now I checked Prima  voyage with air and got $5,499,999.

Did inform the powers that be and got a personal email reply (not from intern) but it's now been a few weeks and the glitch has not been fixed.  It's hilarious to see but not so funny when one is trying to check prices and possibly book.

Hope the whiz kids at the website get around to doing something about this.   Have my eye on a couple of cruises where air might make sense (have never used NCL arranged air before) and this doesn't help me make an informed consideration when we can't even get correct pricing.

Come on, NCL.  Pls fix this asap!

45 minutes ago, snorklinbarb said:

Did inform the powers that be and got a personal email reply (not from intern) but it's now been a few weeks and the glitch has not been fixed.  It's hilarious to see but not so funny when one is trying to check prices and possibly book.

Allow me to clarify.  When I mentioned "from an intern," it was in no way meant to belittle the smart hard working interns of the world.  Just a suggestion that overpaid people with fancy titles don't spend their time responding to customer/constituent concerns.  Anybody with such titles learned long ago the three keys to climbing the ladder (delegate, delegate, delegate).  Had an empowered intern actually been the one to respond, you (we) might see some improvement by now. 🤣

It's like when people make snide remarks about "minimum wage blah blah blah...."  That one (still) annoys me.  Many of the non-privileged among us likely worked minimum wage jobs at some point in our lives.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2022 at 7:39 PM, Sailing12Away said:

Was pricing out a new itinerary that caught my eye for a one way trip leaving out of Paris. It looked decent for a 12 day cruise, until I added in the flights. Flights themselves are ok, but they're charging 3.99 million dollars for the ground transportation. Are they going to have little French children wearing berets going and lining the streets with croissants for us to step on the whole way?

What are some of the funniest goofs you've come across? Seems to be happening way too often lately, they need a better IT department for sure.

I did note once that you could pre-order a supermarket class bottle of Sauvignon Blanc for $9.9M.  Thank God I had the beverage package and could get the same wine for $8.50 a glass. 😏🐀

Edited by HuliHuli
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

More goofs today... Japan was showing up as $0, so I tried to book it and then there's no place to put in my credit card so it won't go through. When I went back to pick a different room... they now all cost 10 million dollars. One of these days I'll get it to go through...

image.thumb.png.db347573d7947907015fa0eb6501872f.png

Capture.JPG

• Haha 2

My family are booked on the 11 day Reykjavik - London cruise Aug 24th on the Star. According to the website, we leave Reykjavik on the 24th and the next day is a sea day. According to the port, and confirmed when you call NCL, we’re in Reykjavik two days.

That’s awesome, but you can’t book any excursions for Reykjavik. That’s fine with me, I’m going to Sky Lagoon, but my parents keep calling and asking them to fix it, and they’re always very nice and they can see the problem, and they refer it to IT, but that was a month ago. 

I guess NCL will shrug and wonder why absolutely zero people booked any Reykjavik excursions. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Okay, you could have said Le Havre rather than Paris! Like we say Southampton instead of London 

This is so VERY common, there are MANY instances throughout NCL itineraries.   I wish NCL would invert their information "Southampton (London)"  rather than "London (Southampton)"; "Le Havre (Paris)" rather than "Paris (Le Havre)" and so on.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2022 at 11:28 PM, casofilia said:

@Sailing12Away

If you ever find something seriously wrong with what NCL has promulgated certainly don't bother to inform Mr Del Rio, Mr Sommer of Ms Byrd, not one of them will even acknowledge emails to them, never mind answering them.   For those three "Customer Service" is a total oxymoron.

Mike, I'm going to have to call your hand about Katty Byrd.  While my emails to Harry Sommer obviously were routed to a non-monitored email address, Ms. Byrd has not only returned my messages but has been very helpful on more than one occasion when problems arose.  I'm sorry if she didn't respond to you, but she has really gone out of her way to help me.

2 hours ago, casofilia said:

@The Traveling Man

But on that cruise, it's Tilbury for London.

I only wish that wherever the ship docks that that is what NCL put in the itinerary, if they want to inform the nearest "important" place to the actual port put that in parentheses not the other way round.

Agree.

• Like 1