Annual Multi Trip Travel Insurance for a 55 Day Trip

22 hours ago, NSWP said:

You need a toy boy, 😝 

I should be so lucky!!! 

What is Ketut doing now I wonder.  Is he still looking after Rhonda?  Think that was her name.  Having someone bringing me speciality coffees while I lounge around watching movies on deck may not be too bad.  Never done it.  Would be nice to have someone to carry my suitcase.

Funny thing is that when I travel with my eldest son, because we have a good relationship closer to friends that mother & son now, some people have thought he was my boyfriend/partner by the way we talk and look at us a little strangely.  Like walking on eggshells with what they say.  When they find out we are mother and son they explode with laughter and relief.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Russell21 said:

Ondine did you actually speak to someone or did you do an online dry run? The reason I'm asking is that about a week ago I spoke to them and was informed that they were not doing cruise bookings until the end of the month.

I was doing an online quote.  It now allows you to do cruise quotes but not annual ones yet.  The cruise button is active now.

My first cruise is not until November so I have plenty of time to look around but am just trying to find out an approximate price and which companies will cover me. 

Credit cards policies are out, so are companies which have a 75yr or 80yr cut off.  InsureAndGo used to make anyone over 75 wait until 120 days prior to sailing before they would give them a policy so that probably will still apply.

I am sure companies are still fine tuning their offers at the moment.  Tried Medibank because I am a member but couldn't get their annual policy to upload.  Like I said I have plenty of time to get insurance.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh well - I was just reading the PDS for Insure And Go for cruising which was published on 8th June and on page 5 under eligibility it states that the maximum age limit for applicants for cruise policies is 79 years of age at the date of application.  I guess that when they say "coverage up to the age of 100 years young" is just for land or air travel.  Nasty.

• 2 weeks later...

The saga continues. 

The latest issue is that we need to confirm that insurance will cover us for the helicopter flight and dog sledding that we have booked through HAL on our Alaskan cruise. My TA has said that NIB (which is what she sells) has said no. I’ve sent them an email direct and will see what sort of answer I get. 

2 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

The saga continues. 

The latest issue is that we need to confirm that insurance will cover us for the helicopter flight and dog sledding that we have booked through HAL on our Alaskan cruise. My TA has said that NIB (which is what she sells) has said no. I’ve sent them an email direct and will see what sort of answer I get. 

Coverage for activities has become like helicopter parenting. It is like they are covering you as a risk, but don't want you to take any. It is not like you are downhill skiing or abseiling.

Due to a past shoulder injury, my wife wasn't covered to go on the dodgem cars on Ovation.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2022 at 4:27 PM, Hogbay said:

With a cover more 45 day yearly policy and were cruising b2b2b and had a 3 day break in Australia between cruising how would they know if you were not "at home " for the night ? Do you get a ankle bracelet 🤔🤣

haha!! Make a claim and find out.  They ask for flight tickets for a start. Did you fly home for a night? 

I always used yearly insurance because I travelled a lot.. Made sure I was home before the 90 days. Even if it was only for a few days before taking off again. That was with 1 Cover. 

Not sure if any do that long now.