Laundromat on Princess

vcon

12 minutes ago, vcon said:

Anyone know what coins the laundromat washing machines and dryers take on the Princess ships? TIA.

Princess coins!   Just tap your Medallion on the machine and it will dispense coins for the machines.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Bring your own laundry pods and dryer sheets.  Sometimes the dispensers are out of order.  Put a few in a zip lock baggie.  It does not take up much room in the suitcase; saves money too.  At the end of the cruise, any extra I have left I leave in the laundry room for guests or crew to pick up and use.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On the Sky in March, the token machine did not work so that involved a trip to the front desk. You may want to secure your tokens before loading your washer.  LOL. 

Concur on tossing a tide pod in the suitcase when packing. 

• Thanks 1

Yup, our Discovery cruise April 29 had free laundry, detergent, dryer sheets. You could order the supplies from the room service menu. Our cabin was across from the laundromat and we did just about all our laundry on the last night.

Interesting!  We were on the Grand's initial relaunch cruise last September and the machines dispensed free coins for machines and supplies.  The Enchanted in January was definitely not free, so I assumed my experience on the Grand was a relaunch glitch.  But if the Discovery was free a couple of months after launch...here's hoping for our 16 night cruise on the Island coming up.  I'll see if someone on board can help.  

Perhaps Princess is running a trial to see if free laundry leads to better dressed guests?? 😉

• Haha 1