Eastern Caribbean weather

fern1226

I am in the very early stages of planning a cruise to the EC. I am looking at late March but am concerned about the weather. One book I've read lists the daily highs in the upper 70's to 80 degrees. Then I read on a website that the temps are from 79-85. I really want my weather to be in the lower to mid 80's. I would like to hear from some people that have gone in late March to the Eastern side. Thanks.

We did the eastern thing back in February '99 and found the daytime highs to be around 84. Some days we were even hot. Regardless, we never felt chilly when swimming in the ocean or pool.

According to weather.com, the average high in March at St. Thomas is 86!

We did the Eastern on Princess 2 years ago. The weather was chilly at times, and the seas were so rough the pools were closed for 2 days. They literally couldn't keep water in the pools. Before they closed them, we wondered if it was some new kind of wave pool. The kids loved it, until it closed. It was probably just a fluke, but we're sticking to the Western now. A friend of ours did the Eastern the year before and had every port cancelled due to rain. They still had a great time, after all it was a cruise. We always go the 3rd week in March, which is when our kids have spring break. This year we're going all the way to Panama. But, you never get a weather guarantee!

I am in the very early stages of planning a cruise to the EC. I am looking at late March but am concerned about the weather. One book I've read lists the daily highs in the upper 70's to 80 degrees. Then I read on a website that the temps are from 79-85. I really want my weather to be in the lower to mid 80's. I would like to hear from some people that have gone in late March to the Eastern side. Thanks.

We have been in the Eastern Caribbean the past two springs (late March - early April) and found the weather delightful. I think in 16 days at sea we had about 30 minutes of rain showers. temperatures were very nice warm enough to swim but not so hot as to bake to a crisp. Now granted, this wasn't on Carnival, but I don't think that the weather is cruise line dependent.

I think you will be fine that time of year.

We just did Eastern - Feb 4th sailing out of Fort Lauderdale. It did rain while leaving FLL as well as the first morning at sea. It did rain off and on in St Thomas so it was not a great beach day but it was not cold. The other islands were perfect. BUT..... we were also told while we were in Tortola and Anitiqua it was the first day it had not rained in two weeks. Generally the temps were low 80's. Would I sail that time of the year again - yeah!! it is a cruise and there is no snow :) - Next year giving April a try.

Late March should not be a problem. Of all our cruises, the only one I remember as being uncomfortable cool was January in Cozumel. It was to windy and cool to swim. Of course, we all know that we can't predict the weather.

Archived