Port Canaveral - hotel transport/shuttles

abo

Hi,  my family and I are cruising for the first time from Florida (only done European cruises up to now), flying in to MCO on Saturday with the cruise leaving Port Canaveral on Sunday.  For the overnight we have booked Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Port Canaveral which looks very close to the port. 

Is anyone able to advise whether it is standard for hotels in the area, or better still if anyone knows for this particular hotel, to provide shuttle services to the ship on departure days or will we need to arrange our own transfer for the morning?  I've tried contacting the hotel but they're not proving to be very responsive unfortunately.

Many thanks.

On 6/8/2022 at 8:44 AM, abo said:

Hi,  my family and I are cruising for the first time from Florida (only done European cruises up to now), flying in to MCO on Saturday with the cruise leaving Port Canaveral on Sunday.  For the overnight we have booked Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Port Canaveral which looks very close to the port. 

Is anyone able to advise whether it is standard for hotels in the area, or better still if anyone knows for this particular hotel, to provide shuttle services to the ship on departure days or will we need to arrange our own transfer for the morning?  I've tried contacting the hotel but they're not proving to be very responsive unfortunately.

Many thanks.

You will be less than a mile to the port….😁.  

We are staying there next month.  It is a nice hotel and they have a shuttle service for a small fee.

Once you get off the ship are you going directly back to the airport?  If so you might want to pre-book a shuttle.  Some popular suggestions are:

*Cortrans Shuttle 

*Cruise Control Transportation 

*Cocoa Beach Shuttle 

*GoPort

7 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

We are staying there next month.  It is a nice hotel and they have a shuttle service for a small fee.

Once you get off the ship are you going directly back to the airport?  If so you might want to pre-book a shuttle.  Some popular suggestions are:

*Cortrans Shuttle 

*Cocoa Beach Shuttle 

*GoPort

Thank you.  We have booked the hotel shuttle now so all good for Sunday.  On our return we're spending a few days at Disney and have booked a transfer with Cruise Control Transportation, who has been very helpful and responsive to our queries.  So with our negative Covid tests in hand I think we are finally ready!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

*Cortrans Shuttle 

*Cocoa Beach Shuttle 

*GoPort

how do you recommend getting to cocoa beach area hotel?  I will be flying in late Wednesday 10/19 with a cruise out Thursday morning.  I have never gone out of Port Canaveral 

3 hours ago, cfreas said:

how do you recommend getting to cocoa beach area hotel?  I will be flying in late Wednesday 10/19 with a cruise out Thursday morning.  I have never gone out of Port Canaveral 

If you are coming in late it may pose a challenge to get a ride to Cocoa Beach which is 45+ minutes away from the airport. 

I have seen Cocoa Beach Shuttle making some late evening runs, but I would check with the others listed above as well.  Otherwise Uber or a one way car rental may be your only choice….

On 6/10/2022 at 5:04 PM, cfreas said:

I am planning and contacted Cocoa Beach shuttle

up to 8pm they have quoted $65 for the 2 of us airport to  Cocoa beach

sounds very reasonable but would feel reassured by others endorsement

they offer 24 hour service but say will be more late night

On 6/8/2022 at 7:44 AM, abo said:

Many thanks.

Question. How are you getting to your hotel from the airport?

On 6/8/2022 at 7:51 AM, cruisegirl1976 said:

Usually all the local hotels offer transportation to the port for around $6-8 per person, that you arrange when checking in...  Otherwise you could use cocoa beach shuttle to get you to the port.

Thank you. We are staying at the Holiday Inn Vacation Club in Port Canaveral in August.  We have a party of 7 and were exploring options to get us to the port. We really didn't want to do 3 Lyfts.  We now have a private shuttle pick up from Cocoa Beach Shuttle. Another item off my checklist.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2022 at 2:34 AM, TheSweetPotatoQueen said:

Question. How are you getting to your hotel from the airport?

We used Cruise Control Transportation for the inbound transfer and then again to transfer from the ship to a Disney hotel after the cruise (we were staying a few days post cruise).  Happy to recommend this company, on time, efficient and friendly.

On 6/13/2022 at 2:16 PM, poocher said:

Arriving late, I’d book an MVO area hotel and shuttle in the next morning.

That's what we are doing for November.  I booked the Hyatt inside MCO as our flight doesn't get in until almost midnight.  We are going to CoCo for a few days per-cruise.  But wouldn't booking the ship shuttle from MCO to port morning of the cruise work?  

Yes but the ship shuttle is more expensive I believe.  Cruise Control Transportation is $20pp each way and Cortrans is $25.  They also use 13 person mini buses vs full sized so corralling less people at a time.