Which one of these Deck 8 aft cabins on Koningsdam?

foggyphils

47 minutes ago, foggyphils said:

Anyone have an opinion on which one of these deck 8 aft cabins I should choose? 😄

It's for a RT Alaska cruise out of Vancouver. 

Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 2.55.54 PM.png

Not a recommendation but maybe a suggestion --- there might be a lot of chair scraping from the Lido deck above you...not sure what is right over you.

Oh yes, and good point. I'm aware of the pool deck above but I really like that the deck 8 cabins are fully covered. My thoughts are that they will be more protected from the elements. Also, they may be a bit bigger according to this chart. And it will be a quick flight up one floor of stairs for any wildlife viewing on the sides. At least that's my logic 😄. Not sure if it's sound! 

Screen Shot 2022-06-06 at 8.03.00 PM.png

I was on the N. statendam in one of those cabins, loved it.  8197 and 8188 are smaller than the others.  They have one less closet than the others 

the deck chair scraping is only very early around 6:30 - 7 am.  It is only for a moment and not terribly problematic 

Edited by Mary229

8 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

I was on the N. statendam in one of those cabins, loved it.  8197 and 8188 are smaller than the others.  They have one less closet than the others 

the deck chair scraping is only very early around 6:30 - 7 am.  It is only for a moment and not terribly problematic 

Thank you Mary! This is exactly the info I was hoping to confirm. Much appreciated!

20 hours ago, foggyphils said:

Anyone have an opinion on which one of these deck 8 aft cabins I should choose? 😄

It's for a RT Alaska cruise out of Vancouver. 

Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 2.55.54 PM.png

We had 8192 on Koningsdam for an Oct 2019 Transatlantic cruise. Loved the location and no ongoing issue with noise from above. Easy access to the Lido deck!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Mopree said:

We had 8192 on Koningsdam for an Oct 2019 Transatlantic cruise. Loved the location and no ongoing issue with noise from above. Easy access to the Lido deck!

Perfect! Thanks for the feedback. I keep second guessing myself 😄

10 minutes ago, foggyphils said:

Perfect! Thanks for the feedback. I keep second guessing myself 😄

can never have too many affirmations - we had a similar cabin on the Eurodam, loved it and there was not an issue with noise from the Lido deck. You 'might' hear some chairs being moved, but it's not loud and doesn't last long. And has been said - great access to the Lido to run up for a drink to bring down enjoy on your balcony.

• Like 1

I wish I had seen the graphics shown above before my last cruise on this ship. I choose an aft balcony on deck 4 only to find a tiny deck, not at all like those on other ships or apparently on deck 7-8 on this ship. We are booking another Mexico cruise for December and this time I’m going with deck 4 4160 showing a larger deck.

• Like 1