Documents

NickCarraway

Today (15 days out) I received an email with details about vaccination and testing requirements and boarding time. Is this the only documentation I will receive and does this serve as a "ticket"? On previous Oceania cruises we received a large booklet and luggage tags, so I am curious if we will receive something similar from Silversea. Thank you for any helpful information.

Yup...that is all you are going to receive.  Make sure to follow the details of what the email tells you that you need to do.  As far as luggage tags go...if you booked a pre-cruise hotel stay through Silversea then they will be provided to you at your room at the hotel.  Otherwise there will be tables set up at the pier providing you with luggage tags once you check in there.  No more pre-cruise packages like the good-old pre-Covid days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hamasgirl said:

Yup...that is all you are going to receive.  Make sure to follow the details of what the email tells you that you need to do.  As far as luggage tags go...if you booked a pre-cruise hotel stay through Silversea then they will be provided to you at your room at the hotel.  Otherwise there will be tables set up at the pier providing you with luggage tags once you check in there.  No more pre-cruise packages like the good-old pre-Covid days.

Is this really right? I am in the same boat (pun intended). Received COVID email but no other documents. I don't have an address of the port to board the ship. Surely, they would send information like this in advance, or am I missing something?

26 minutes ago, Capri73 said:

Hi We leave 2 weeks from yesterday.Received information today thru email.Flights,hotel,etc.We booked the package and all information was there.

Good to know. I sail 2 weeks from Monday so should be receiving my email over the weekend😀.

2 hours ago, scseas said:

Surely, they would send information like this in advance, or am I missing something?

Everything is done electronically now. No different than any hotel or airline has done for at least the past decade, or longer.

1 hour ago, Stumblefoot said:

Everything is done electronically now. No different than any hotel or airline has done for at least the past decade, or longer.

The difference is that for an airplane, I can print a boarding pass that indicates where to meet a plane. There is no boarding pass or even an address of a port in MySilver Sea.

In this case, I depend on SilverSea's to send me the electronic information, which they have not. I reached out to them yesterday and was told reservations would send it to me, which they have not. Cruise embarks in 11 days.

9 minutes ago, scseas said:

The difference is that for an airplane, I can print a boarding pass that indicates where to meet a plane. There is no boarding pass or even an address of a port in MySilver Sea.

In this case, I depend on SilverSea's to send me the electronic information, which they have not. I reached out to them yesterday and was told reservations would send it to me, which they have not. Cruise embarks in 11 days.

Hi, a couple of questions.......did you book directly through SS? If so, do you have the name of the rep who you spoke with?  Where are you embarking from? If you post the port maybe we can help you.

• Thanks 1

Scseas.  I just checked the electronic document that we received from SS prior to our cruise (which we received on 5/17 for a 5/20 flight and a 5/22 embarkation).  Even though we were using SS for a 1 night pre-cruise hotel stay, we still received the pier infromation.  But it is hard to find if you really don't look closely at all of the information.  The pier information for my cruise was within the section of the document labeled 'Your pre-cruise information'.  After the information about the hotel and the Local Contact agent there is a sentence that follows that section.  And there it told us the pier will our ship would be docked.  You really have to look hard but it is there. 

Good luck!

3 hours ago, hamasgirl said:

Scseas.  I just checked the electronic document that we received from SS prior to our cruise (which we received on 5/17 for a 5/20 flight and a 5/22 embarkation).  Even though we were using SS for a 1 night pre-cruise hotel stay, we still received the pier infromation.  But it is hard to find if you really don't look closely at all of the information.  The pier information for my cruise was within the section of the document labeled 'Your pre-cruise information'.  After the information about the hotel and the Local Contact agent there is a sentence that follows that section.  And there it told us the pier will our ship would be docked.  You really have to look hard but it is there. 

Good luck!

Thanks! I didn't receive anything other than the COVID testing/vax requirements email. I emailed SS Guest Relations and they forwarded it to Reservations, who never responded. I called SS today and apparently they are having phone issues. I kept getting hung up on. Finally, an agent answered and said to call back because of phone system issues. We are 10 days out, so hopefully the docs will come soon.

On 6/9/2022 at 4:48 PM, Lois R said:

Hi, a couple of questions.......did you book directly through SS? If so, do you have the name of the rep who you spoke with?  Where are you embarking from? If you post the port maybe we can help you.

Thank you. I got the Docs from them today. I appreciate the offer.