Whale watching in Juneau

stunned

We just returned from a cruise in Alaska and took a day excursion with Steve of Alaska Humpback Adventures. He is the owner and pilot and takes a maximum of six people out. It was an awesome experience, we saw so many orcas and humpbacks. He is the oldest pilot doing excursions and is so knowledgeable about whales. He has notebooks full of pictures and information he has collected. His boat is comfortable and gives everyone room to be on the outside seeing every whale and getting good pics. Currently he has a co captain with him from Hawaii (Kelsey) that study’s the humpbacks when they winter in Hawaii. I truly recommend this excursion for anyone interested in getting up close and seeing whales in Alaska.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I just went a week ago on Jayleen' Alaska. Absolutely fantastic! She also limits to 6 passengers. She learned from her father who had his own company when she was little and then started her own business  a few years ago. I have been on other whale watching tours in Juneau,but this was the best. You can tell she truly lives her job and was just as excited as us each time we saw a whale( and the were SO many!!!!)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grandma7 said:

I just went a week ago on Jayleen' Alaska. Absolutely fantastic! She also limits to 6 passengers. She learned from her father who had his own company when she was little and then started her own business  a few years ago. I have been on other whale watching tours in Juneau,but this was the best. You can tell she truly lives her job and was just as excited as us each time we saw a whale( and the were SO many!!!!)

I believe she is Steve’s from Humpback Adventures niece.  

2 hours ago, Grandma7 said:

Jayleen has been posting pictures of her whale watching excursions, looks like her clients were having a good time.  We can't wait for our turn:  6/21 and 6/29 bringing our total to 11 excursions with her.  Glad to hear you had a wonderful experience.  Hope you had good weather as well.  

• Like 1