Bermuda restaurant

Geraldandsue

I just emailed Coconuts to see if they have anything available for the BBQ when we are in Bermuda next week. 

We always enjoy a Bermuda fish sandwich at Woody's on one afternoon.  Not fancy at all - Eat outside with a mix of locals and tourists.  A local took us there one year and we enjoyed it.  The sandwich has a mix of ingredients but do not hesitate to try.

We also enjoyed dinner at Ocean Club Resort - great view and food was excellent.  Also try Waterlot - on an inlet and very nice.  Expensive.  Both are part of Fairmont Hotel.  Worth a trip.  We usually take the local bus.

We will have dinner at Bolero Brassiere in Hamilton - it is now tapas and overlooks main street.  Good for the Wednesday night parade viewing. Enjoyed it before on several previous visits.

3 hours ago, meglet said:

If you're in Hamilton, Flanagan's on the 2nd floor of the Emporium building on Front St has balcony dining overlooking the harbor. 

Flanagan’s is one of my favorites but I don’t think there will be good Sunset views in Hamilton.

36 minutes ago, dazey said:

We also enjoyed dinner at Ocean Club Resort - great view and food was excellent.  Also try Waterlot - on an inlet and very nice.  Expensive.  Both are part of Fairmont Hotel.  Worth a trip.  We usually take the local bus.

The Fairmont has been closed for renovations. Optimistic reopening date 2023. The restaurants have been closed too. 

2 hours ago, dazey said:

I just emailed Coconuts to see if they have anything available for the BBQ when we are in Bermuda next week. 

We always enjoy a Bermuda fish sandwich at Woody's on one afternoon.  Not fancy at all - Eat outside with a mix of locals and tourists.  A local took us there one year and we enjoyed it.  The sandwich has a mix of ingredients but do not hesitate to try.

We will have dinner at Bolero Brassiere in Hamilton - it is now tapas and overlooks main street.  Good for the Wednesday night parade viewing. Enjoyed it before on several previous visits.

Thanks for the rec!  We enjoy tapas and will be there in July.  About how far down Front St?  Or do you remember what stores it was near? 

I would say it is about towards the middle(MAYBE) but you must go down a small dark alley and the entrance is on the right and you go upstairs.  We had a hard time finding it the first time but go by the numbers and look for the alley. We will be there on 6/22 so can give you a review if you would like. If you email they will respond quickly.

We read a recommendation by a CC member and decided to try it on our next visit(Summit 6/19/22). It is only on Thursdays but their website shows another BBQ-type event listed but I did not inquire about it as the Thursday night worked for us.  If you wish I can let you know how it was when we return on the 27th.  I emailed the hotel and Marielle responded quickly.

2 hours ago, dazey said:

We read a recommendation by a CC member and decided to try it on our next visit(Summit 6/19/22). It is only on Thursdays but their website shows another BBQ-type event listed but I did not inquire about it as the Thursday night worked for us.  If you wish I can let you know how it was when we return on the 27th.  I emailed the hotel and Marielle responded quickly.

Let us know how it is. We sail in July and would like to do the same. 

• 2 weeks later...

FrannyK, just got back from Bermuda and we did go to the BBQ at Reefs Hotel. I am glad we went but offer the following comments:

1. Staff at hotel was so helpful and friendly.  We were given a ride to the steps down to the beach from the lobby and then when we were leaving we rode with the chef to the lobby and he insisted that the driver take us to the bus stop(close to hotel).  Could not have asked for better service at our table either.

2.  The tables are set on the beach with tablecloths and after dark the tiki lights at lit.  You cannot see a full sunset from this location but it was still quite nice.  

3. The buffet was very good but nowhere near the selection of what we were getting on the ship.  I would not say the food would be a reason to go.  

4.  The bill came to $170 which included the fee for the buffet plus 2 drinks each and the gratuity.

5.  Beside being on the beach one highlight was the entertainment.  They had a gentleman who sang and played the guitar and played songs from the 60's on up and took requests.  He came down onto the beach and interacted with everyone and was enjoyable for sure.

6.  We had the bus/ferry pass so by taking the bus from the Dockyard and back we saved possibly over $60+ dollars which did offset the dinner cost.  If you do take the bus back to the ship, be advised that if you leave late the buses may not be running.  We were told it was coming at 9:15 PM and it showed up at 8:40 PM minutes after we got to the bus stop.  Perfect for us.  We knew we could always go back to the hotel to request a cab if needed.

So after saying all of the above, I am glad we did it and enjoyed the evening.  Any questions, let me know.  Enjoy your visit to Bermuda.

On 6/28/2022 at 7:23 AM, dazey said:

FrannyK, just got back from Bermuda and we did go to the BBQ at Reefs Hotel. I am glad we went but offer the following comments:

1. Staff at hotel was so helpful and friendly.  We were given a ride to the steps down to the beach from the lobby and then when we were leaving we rode with the chef to the lobby and he insisted that the driver take us to the bus stop(close to hotel).  Could not have asked for better service at our table either.

2.  The tables are set on the beach with tablecloths and after dark the tiki lights at lit.  You cannot see a full sunset from this location but it was still quite nice.  

3. The buffet was very good but nowhere near the selection of what we were getting on the ship.  I would not say the food would be a reason to go.  

4.  The bill came to $170 which included the fee for the buffet plus 2 drinks each and the gratuity.

5.  Beside being on the beach one highlight was the entertainment.  They had a gentleman who sang and played the guitar and played songs from the 60's on up and took requests.  He came down onto the beach and interacted with everyone and was enjoyable for sure.

6.  We had the bus/ferry pass so by taking the bus from the Dockyard and back we saved possibly over $60+ dollars which did offset the dinner cost.  If you do take the bus back to the ship, be advised that if you leave late the buses may not be running.  We were told it was coming at 9:15 PM and it showed up at 8:40 PM minutes after we got to the bus stop.  Perfect for us.  We knew we could always go back to the hotel to request a cab if needed.

So after saying all of the above, I am glad we did it and enjoyed the evening.  Any questions, let me know.  Enjoy your visit to Bermuda.

Thanks so much for the review. Really appreciate it. Happy you had a nice evening. 

We also went to Coconuts at The Reefs. I agree with @dazey . I would like to add that we tried to ride the bus there and the plan was to taxi back since we might be later than the bus. We asked at the vistor center what time we should catch the bus at the dock yard....we got there 30 minutes later and there was never a bus 7. We got a cab and it cost $30 each way. The plus side is that we didn't have to make any other stops.

While you do not see the sun go  down, the sky is unbelievable. 

IMG-4859.jpg

IMG-4866.jpg

IMG-4869.jpg

IMG-4873.jpg

IMG-4876.jpg

IMG-4880.jpg

IMG-4858 (1).jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Justprettynpink said:

I would like to add that we tried to ride the bus there and the plan was to taxi back since we might be later than the bus. We asked at the vistor center what time we should catch the bus at the dock yard....we got there 30 minutes later and there was never a bus 7. We got a cab and it cost $30 each way. The plus side is that we didn't have to make any other stops.

Unfortunately the buses have become somewhat unreliable. The last four or five years I have been mostly taking taxis. Thanks for mentioning the taxi price. That was close to my estimate in another thread. 😀

Edited by Charles4515
  • Haha 1

Bermuda buses and ferries. 

We returned yesterday from Bermuda in the Summit (June 26 cruise). Since we are avid Cruise Critic readers, we read everything possible on Bermuda before our departure. 
Recommendation was to buy a transportation pass, good for ferries and buses. Which we did on arrival. Two things we quickly found out..

Ferries don’t run very often so we found ourselves  with long wait times…often 2 hours or more. 

Buses take “forever” as they stop many, many, many times to pickup riders. 

We have already decided that taxis are worth it when you consider the short amount of time you have in port. Talking to others on the ship, they agreed that their time is worth the additional costs. 

• Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 8:35 AM, dazey said:

Dazey... you seem to have good food tastes and I looked up Balero Brasserie to make a reservation for the Wednesday night party as having small plates is my favorite way to dine.  The menu was great and I immediately filled out the forms to request a reservation.  Sadly, the next day the restaurant responds and says they will be closed that night for the tournament... taking 15 days off.

Do you have any other suggestion. One on Front Street would be great but any high end restaurant will be fine. 

I am gonna go to Woody's for the Bermuda fish... sounds like fun. 

This will be my second trip to Bermuda... but on my first I was only in Port 1 day. I have 3 this time.

Thanks for your help!

I overheard when at Bolero that they cater a lot to the business crowd so some days there is no availability.  The two week closing seemed to be planned for a long time.  The food was very good and we do enjoy tapas but I would wish the interior was not as dark.  The staff seemed a  lacking in personality. 

We have eaten and enjoyed both The Waterlot(on an inlet) and Oceal Club(overlooks the ocean) but they were part of Fairmont Southampton and from what I read from local paper they are closed.  However, I looked online(tripadvisor, etc.) and it keeps showing them as open.  Both were very good.

Woody's is a great place for lunch for sure.

Let me know what restaurant you try so I can do the same on our next visit.