Covid Testing Requirement on Celebrity

ScottC4746

48 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

if the crew and the ship benefits from testing at least weekly, why not the passengers?

In most cases, the CDC requires weekly testing of fully vaccinated crew. It's less frequent if they are up to date with vaccines. An outbreak among crew could interfere with the safe operation of the vessel. An outbreak among passengers would not.

25 minutes ago, RLM77 said:

I agree completely.  Test on Friday, fly with plane changes on Saturday, stay in a hotel Saturday night, embark on Sunday.  The risk of contracting COVID between the time of the test and the time of embarkation seems fairly high.  Theater indeed.

Rich

The way to mitigate the risks you so accurately describe is to wear a quality mask on planes, in airports, in cabs/Uber/Lyft, in hotels and in the cruise terminal. Don’t eat in restaurants en route. Get takeaway and take it back to your hotel (all masked). A quality mask is at least KN95 worn properly. Use OTC test kits a couple times the week before traveling so you depart having a reasonable assumption that you’re Covid negative.

I flew to the port last October for a cruise on Edge and I drove to the port this April for a cruise on Equinox. I followed the protocol I listed above and I assure you that, had I caught Covid, it would have been on the cruises not en route to them. 

• Like 1

Right so if you, test negative pre cruise and catch Covid on board then what was the point in testing. People are testing negative pre cruise and still getting sick. I’m am vaccinated and up to date with 2 boosters, I have a bad immune system and I’m so over the whole Covid discussion. Let move on!

COVID is endemic, it ain’t going away. Which means if cruise companies insist on pre cruise testing now, they will be doing it into perpetuity if it is indeed all about the health advice and proven to be effective…which it isn’t.

Now if it’s about optics, then it will disappear at some point and we will all move on.

16 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

If there was more stringent testing and protocols I think some people on here and other social media would have simply have a full mental meltdown. 

Before we left for the Beyond in mid May, I was basically left with the impression we would have to take an impossibly difficult to find COVID test, we would certainly get COVID onboard, tossed in an inside cabin with only crackers to eat, no hot water, insufficient oxygen, then inhumanly imprisoned for 21 days at a TBD location…. Turns out none of that happened! 

Thet have to try to keep COVID at bay. The idea that because something is imperfect implies it is absolutely ineffective is flawed, but agree to disagree….

Post like this is how rumors get started

6 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Wondering how if taking a multi-day guided tour - presumably using a bus or other public transport  - you are any less likely to contract covid?

After being booster in March, I contracted COVID19 in May.  Had a mild case.  I want to travel and not so worried about catching COVID19.  I suspect that a guided tour would be better than on a cruise, not that it matters so much to me.