Decisions......decisions!

LadyBerard

We will be stopping at Puerto Plata in Jan. on Holland Statendam.  This will be a new stop for us.  We have some obc for excursions through Holland.  Can someone compare Cabarete Beach, Coconut Cove Beach, and just staying at Amber Cove and enjoying the pool area.  If you can't compare them, if you have done any of them, will you please tell me about your experience.  Thank you.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Three trips to Amber Cove with DW, so far have not ventured away from the Carnival area.

Lots to do with the noted pool, zip line, walk up to the Sky Bar for a nice view, several shops to check out.  Restaurants located by pool and across the courtyard back by the water adjacent to the ship, Makes for nice photo ops.  You can also order food at the Sky Bar.  Buckets of domestic beer reasonable and food that we have tried has been very good. 

Have not tried the zip line or rented any cabana/floats/or umbrellas but see many doing so.

We will be back with a large group (family) in three weeks and plan to basically do the same.

Have fun 🙂 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I am also going in December to amber cove and would like a swimming beach.  Not sure if the excursion to cabarets beach is anywhere near the swimmable part of that beach.   Or if coconut cove beach would be better?   Worried that coconut cove will be too crowded or is a beach built by the cruise lines? 
I’d appreciate any opinions