List of ships with Rowing Machines

A list of ships with Rowing Machines would be super helpful for those of us that use them.   

I'll start with what I've seen in person (confirmed)  or seen in posted photos (unconfirmed).  

RCCL

Anthem of the Seas YES  (2) Concept2 machines (confirmed)

Brilliance of the Seas YES (?) Concept2 machines (unconfirmed)

Enchantment of the Seas NO (confirmed)

Oasis of the Seas YES Concept2 (unconfirmed)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I used these machines during 2021-2022. Model E and RowERG (current model) refer to Concept 2.

** Celebrity **

CONSTELLATION – 1 x Model E - Had 40 MM meters. Condition fair, feels loose, but worked fine every day for 50 minutes. The foot straps were close to falling apart, told manager to fix. In a tight space next to Treadmill.

EDGE – 2 x RowERG – new ship and new rowers with good space around them.

Apex and Beyond – same as Edge seen on YouTube.

** NCL **

BREAKAWAY – 1 x Model E – Worst condition C2 ever. Chain dry, felt like grinding metal, slipped and jerked. Asked to lube which helped a little. Made a lot of noise. Anyone using the adjacent bikes left quickly. Did not use much. Told manager condition was a disgrace.

PRIMA - 2 x SkillRow. Behind pole next to TM is not ideal view, but open space on one side.

** Oceania **

REGATTA – 1 x Model E – Small tight fitness center so only used 1 or 2 times. Condition was good.  

RIVERA – BH Fitness LK500RW (was Model E prior). A bit tight next to TM, but looks out window. Mirror on right so can check form.

** Regent **

SPLENDOR – 2 x SkillRow – Nice setup with view out big windows and plenty of space.

EXPLORER – I would expect similar but do not see it on YouTube.

** Windstar **

STAR PRIDE – 1 x SkillRow – nice setup with lots of room around it and no machine close plus mirrors. All new fitness centers when the ships were in dry dock.

Other Star motor ships should be the same setup.

SkillRow is from Technogym who seems to be making most ship Cardio. Nice alternative to RowERG. Feel is close, but a little heavier pull. Great seat and handle. The foot straps are better. Monitor is nowhere near as good as PM5, but fine for Just Row. You can flip between 3 pages, one shows Pace, Time and Meters. Drag set with knob. The 1-10 setting plus drag factor shows on monitor page 3. Drag of 3 shows 110-120 factor so similar to C2. Can set it above 10 to +1 +2 +3 that is added magnetic resistance. Has no memory of past rows, so if you are logging write fast as timeout is quick. Cannot program like PM5 e.g. intervals. There is an App that may allow programming and keep memory, I did not try it. There are good videos on YouTube for how to use.

BH Fitness LK500RW on Oceania Riveria – You must download and read the user guide. Even to Just Row you must set up monitor and it seems complicated. Not at all like PM5. Seat and handle are good. Feet fair, pull smooth. It is definitely harder/heavier than C2. I used 50 min every day so was able to figure it out. I would never buy this rower.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/3/2022 at 2:34 AM, DenGNNJ said:

Celebrity Soltice… Two Concept 2 rowers placed tail to tail in a large well equipped gym. One wasn’t working properly (slipping during the drive).

I had that experience on Anthem but it turned out it was a sticky chain.  I brought along a small bottle of oil after that trip because they are not maintained well.   And no one seemed to know how to get it oiled

• 2 weeks later...

Celebrity Sillouette has 1 SkillRow. It's in the second row with a bike on the right and abs bench on there right. There used to be 2 x C2 rowers before X changed to Technogym.

There are 3 Peloton bikes at the front corner with a view out the front of the ship. A 4th Peloton is broken sitting in the spin room. There are often people not logged in sitting on the bikes spinning. Not sure if there is a current policy to require any account. Originally you had to, plus a reservation.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just got off NCL Encore and there were 3 Technogym Skillrows in the main gym area and ~ 5 additional ones in the group fitness room! They were in great shape! (Pic of group fitness room) 

A2845F7D-B19D-4848-98CF-FEF836A54615.jpeg

NCL Prima has 2 Skill Row.

The rowers are next to the middle open area with one on each side. People often try to cut the corner too close to the end of the rail, then on the drive you hit them, usually with an elbow to the thigh. Suggest place your stuff or something at the end of the rail.

Prima has many Garmin fitness watches in the shops like Epix 2, Fenix 7, Instinct 2. Do NOT buy them without checking the price online. I found they were marked up 30%+. It is nice to get to see and try them on.

• 3 months later...

I just got off Explorer of the Seas.    There are 2 Concept2 machines with PM5s.   So I was really hopeful.   However,  1 machine had a horrible grinding noise.  The other worked well but the monitor had dead batteries.    So it died immediately when not in use.   Stopping even for a drink from my bottle by my side would clear the monitor.   Setting up the display initially was a pain.   I asked several people in the spa and guest services to replace the batteries even suggesting the type (D) and that I could show them how.   But over 2 weeks nothing appeared to have been done.   

• 1 month later...

Just got off the Celebrity Summit, They had 1 Concept2 machine.

Tried the Celebrity Apex in April/2023 and they had 2 machines, one had a broken foot strap.  Hope it has been fixed by now!!!

Has anyone seen a Hydrow on board a ship?