When Can I start Bermuda Application

hunnibee72

Hi All....

I cruise to Bermuda the first week of September. I want to make sure our applications are in and approved as far out as I can. Does anyone know when I will be able to put my application in. As of right now the only sailing listed on the site is in June for my ship. I don't want to cut it too close and take the risk of not having it back in time.

Thanks 

Melissa

36 minutes ago, hunnibee72 said:

Hi All....

I cruise to Bermuda the first week of September. I want to make sure our applications are in and approved as far out as I can. Does anyone know when I will be able to put my application in. As of right now the only sailing listed on the site is in June for my ship. I don't want to cut it too close and take the risk of not having it back in time.

Thanks 

Melissa

There are several threads here on the Bermuda Authorization. You might want to read them but to answer your question if you read the Bermuda government website it gives all the current information. Right now it is one month before your sail date. Since your sail date is in September the requirements are bound to change. As a matter of fact they have announced there will be further changes. The only sure thing according to Bermuda is the $40 fee.

https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation

Edited by Charles4515

You can start 30 days out.  But as noted above there could be changes made to the visa, particularly because it included a  covid test one day prior to departure, which is no longer required to return to the US.  So they may feel some pressure to reduce fees if they no longer include a covid test.

My mother left for Bermuda yesterday, and last Sunday I was talking to her about my cruise in August that requires the travel authorization for Bermuda.  She said, "What travel authorization for Bermuda?"  So her application started 4 days before she flew.  Honestly, I don't think they can look at the applications until 4 days out because that's when you can start taking your Covid test.  I wouldn't recommend waiting until 4 days out (but we were actually fine, and everyone's visa was processed within a few hours of the covid test being uploaded) but don't think you need the full 30 days.  

29 minutes ago, Firemanbuff said:

I just filled my out for a cruise starting July 8.  It appears to be available about a month before the date of arrival.

The sailings are not listed until 30 days out. There is no way to start before that.

6 hours ago, kitkat343 said:

But as noted above there could be changes made to the visa, particularly because it included a  covid test one day prior to departure, which is no longer required to return to the US.  So they may feel some pressure to reduce fees if they no longer include a covid test.

They charge the same $40 fee for cruise passengers and they don't receive an outbound COVID test and never have, so I don't see why they would feel any pressure reduce the fee for airline passengers just because they will no longer get an outbound test.

The government has made it clear that the travel authorization process and its fees will be in place through March, 2023. The revenues from the travel authorizations are included in their budget so it will stay in place.