Savers

Bin man

Always booked select prices on 30 cruises with P and O but now looking to book a saver on Iona. Not sure how it works can you book for as an example mid aft and grade and decline upgrade .At the moment 10 cabins showing available in that location GB grade 

On Iona being able to decline a upgrade to a higher category could be important because of deck 8, luckily there are no GA grade on that deck but there are higher deluxe balconies and conservatory suites, both with an obstructed view of the sea and suitable IMO for exhibitionists, disfunctional families and those who don't mind people looking into their balcony as they walk past.

Just done a dummy booking .To me it looks like you pick your position on the ship and not the actual grading so if you avoid anything mentioning forward you may be ok again depends if you can decline upgrade on a saver .Will have to have a word with T.a

8 hours ago, Bin man said:

Always booked select prices on 30 cruises with P and O but now looking to book a saver on Iona. Not sure how it works can you book for as an example mid aft and grade and decline upgrade .At the moment 10 cabins showing available in that location GB grade 

I suspect you can only specify a cabin grade, which might of course have many different locations.

4 hours ago, majortom10 said:

My understanding is if you book a Saver you book a minimum grade i.e.inside, balcony etc and you could be given a higher grade in any position on the ship and once given cannot refuse it or swap it.

That is my understanding as well. We booked a saver fare for our cruise in April. I booked the cheapest inside cabin available as a cheap get-away and we were given a cabin four grades up.😀