B2B testing

Ladyaruba

4 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Testing between segments of B2B ended around May 1.

Could you please point me to this information? This is what appears on the website for FAQs for Cruises from US and Canada.

image.thumb.png.288080540718315499a85b28ca054252.png

4 minutes ago, seaoma said:

Could you please point me to this information? This is what appears on the website for FAQs for Cruises from US and Canada.

image.thumb.png.288080540718315499a85b28ca054252.png

There have been several reports from people, including in post#2, that tests on B2Bs are not required. Except one or two reports of testing due to outbreaks.

12 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

There have been several reports from people, including in post#2, that tests on B2Bs are not required. Except one or two reports of testing due to outbreaks.

I would feel better with some confirmation from HAL. Perhaps I will see if I can urge them to update their website.

1 hour ago, seaoma said:

I would feel better with some confirmation from HAL. Perhaps I will see if I can urge them to update their website.

No worries. If you need to be tested for B2B, HAL will provide the test for free, a day or two before the turnaround day. We experienced that in March.

7 hours ago, Ladyaruba said:

Does HAL do a Covid test in between the b2b cruises? We are doing Vancouver, Whittier, Vancouver and not sure if we have to test in Whittier and if HAL does it or we are on our own.

We are currently on the first leg of a b2b on the Nieuw Amsterdam and there's been nothing said about needing to be tested. We just got our letter with the In Transit Passes for tomorrow in Whittier and it says we can get off and back on any time tomorrow after 6 am. There's no customs or Immigration since we did that to get on the ship so should be easy. And now that they've dropped the test to fly back to the US we don't need to worry about one next weekend when we get to Vancouver. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

No worries. If you need to be tested for B2B, HAL will provide the test for free, a day or two before the turnaround day. We experienced that in March.

Yes, we did it that way in December, also. But, we also weren't notified until the day before that we were to be tested. 

I'm not really worried about how to get the test.

My concern is that HAL doesn't make it clear. If they don't do a B2B test, then I won't have any issues. But, it they do have a test and I have to disembark and If I'm positive, I have to isolate in Canada, per HAL's chart for cruising in Canada. That adds a whole other level of complexity to my pre-cruise planning. Planning I wouldn't have to do if they would just publish their intentions on testing.

1 hour ago, seaoma said:

Yes, we did it that way in December, also. But, we also weren't notified until the day before that we were to be tested. 

I'm not really worried about how to get the test.

My concern is that HAL doesn't make it clear. If they don't do a B2B test, then I won't have any issues. But, it they do have a test and I have to disembark and If I'm positive, I have to isolate in Canada, per HAL's chart for cruising in Canada. That adds a whole other level of complexity to my pre-cruise planning. Planning I wouldn't have to do if they would just publish their intentions on testing.

I don’t disagree with what you are saying but you never know what can change.  I know someone that was on the koningsdam for 6 weeks on various cruises and if I understood the only test she had was initially to get on the ship.  She was on the ship mid April until the end of may.

23 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I don’t disagree with what you are saying but you never know what can change.  I know someone that was on the koningsdam for 6 weeks on various cruises and if I understood the only test she had was initially to get on the ship.  She was on the ship mid April until the end of may.

It's not just that things can change, it's that HAL has said on their website what they will do, but people say they don't appear to be doing that. So that is what is making me crazy trying to decide whether I want to keep my B2B. 

As it's written, they will test on turnaround day at the port and if I'm positive, I will be isolating in Canada. If that is not what will happen, I would be ok with that. If that is what will happen, then I'm not sure I want to roll the dice. 

The only thing going for me is the fact that I have some more time to make up my mind. 

6 minutes ago, seaoma said:

It's not just that things can change, it's that HAL has said on their website what they will do, but people say they don't appear to be doing that. So that is what is making me crazy trying to decide whether I want to keep my B2B. 

As it's written, they will test on turnaround day at the port and if I'm positive, I will be isolating in Canada. If that is not what will happen, I would be ok with that. If that is what will happen, then I'm not sure I want to roll the dice. 

The only thing going for me is the fact that I have some more time to make up my mind. 

Hal is not good with communication for sure.  That certainly doesn’t give them a pass.  I hear you on the quarantine.  I went down that same road in November 2021 and March 2022.  On those cruises I was tested and I  knew I might have to quarantine.  Also had to test to return to Canada so it was really a lot.  I rolled the dice because my mental health was suffering from not having much of a break for 2 years.  

27 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Hal is not good with communication for sure.  That certainly doesn’t give them a pass.  I hear you on the quarantine.  I went down that same road in November 2021 and March 2022.  On those cruises I was tested and I  knew I might have to quarantine.  Also had to test to return to Canada so it was really a lot.  I rolled the dice because my mental health was suffering from not having much of a break for 2 years.  

I hear you about the mental health part. I'm very fortunate that we are retired and travel quite a lot, both cruising and land travel. I even travel solo for at least a few weeks every year, starting that habit about 30 years ago.

In 2020, I made it till November, then I told my husband we had to get the motorhome on the road. We spent a few weeks sightseeing in between weeks at home until the middle of April. Even though we were distanced from everyone, it was enough and very beneficial to my psyche. I can't imagine what you went through having to wait until November 2021.

If my husband were to be the one to get Covid and have to isolate in Canada, things would not go well for various reasons. If I could rest assured he would be isolated on the HAL ship, it would, at least, make our lives and decision easier.

Edited by seaoma
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, seaoma said:

I hear you about the mental health part. I'm very fortunate that we are retired and travel quite a lot, both cruising and land travel. I even travel solo for at least a few weeks every year, starting that habit about 30 years ago.

In 2020, I made it till November, then I told my husband we had to get the motorhome on the road. We spent a few weeks sightseeing in between weeks at home until the middle of April. Even though we were distanced from everyone, it was enough and very beneficial to my psyche. I can't imagine what you went through having to wait until November 2021.

If my husband were to be the one to get Covid and have to isolate in Canada, things would not go well for various reasons. If I could rest assured he would be isolated on the HAL ship, it would, at least, make our lives and decision easier.

I hope hal does make this clear soon.  I don’t think it’s too much to ask.

• Like 1