Passbook Card vs just Enhanced NY license

On 6/11/2022 at 12:38 PM, mykidsmom said:

Our passbooks have expired and going to renew - but we will never be traveling international, therefore, just going to renew with a Passbook Card.  Or do we really need it.  We already have NY Enhanced licenses.

But if you are going on a cruise, you are traveling international......so I don't understand the statement.  I used a card for almost a decade before I got a book, and I still use the card on closed loop trips.

On 6/11/2022 at 4:02 PM, long4acruise said:

On our recent cruise, two situations where one was trying to use the hospital certificate or Baptismal Certificate, never which is considered as an official Birth Certificate. Sadly both were not allowed to board and then caused a small raucous as they didn't want other family or friends, who seemingly had the correct documents to board!

And if those friends and family members decided to not get on board and stay with their friend/family member who was trying to use a hospital BC or a Baptismal certificate, then they too would be out the money they paid for the cruise.

It is a tough choice to have to make that decision about staying with a family/friend who is denied boarding due to a document issue, and if deciding to forgo the trip - forfeiting the money you spent on the cruise.  Or deciding to go ahead and cruise, and leaving the denied individual potentially on their own in an unfamiliar city late in the day. 

How does this impact relationships?

Sadly, no easy answers here.