How does Princess handle B2B cruisers?

KKB

1 hour ago, phabric said:

I had 2 different booking numbers for the two 7 day cruises on the Sky May 28-June 4 roundtrip out of Southampton  and June 4-11 roundtrip out of Southampton. Princess makes it one cruise on the medallion.  I asked at Guest Services 2x, if we needed a Covid Test for the second cruise, “No, as you are not going to a country  that needs a Covid test” “You needed a Covid test to get on the ship”. Treat the second Southampton stop (embarkment day for the second cruise) as any port day, if you want to get off the ship.

In 2019, on the Sky, two 7 day cruises with 2 booking numbers for Athens-Barcelona and  Barcelona- Rome. Princess made it one cruise on the medallion.  Told to treat Barcelona as any port day, get off if you want.

wow, so interesting.  We have been on 2 B2B cruises and always had to get tested. 

I wonder why some ships had to test, for example the Island Princess which just had a B2B day in Southampton on the 13th I think, and everyone had to be tested.  They found something like 200 covid cases onboard and they were taken off the ship( I was not on the ship and am only reporting what was reported here and on FB).

That is why I canceled my 40 day, 3b2B cruises in the fall.  Thinking I might get covid and be taken off the ship.  Not fearing covid so much, as having my vacation ruined.  But, thanks for your input, it is definitely different than I had heard before. 

13 minutes ago, Level six said:

wow, so interesting.  We have been on 2 B2B cruises and always had to get tested. 

I wonder why some ships had to test, for example the Island Princess which just had a B2B day in Southampton on the 13th I think, and everyone had to be tested.  They found something like 200 covid cases onboard and they were taken off the ship( I was not on the ship and am only reporting what was reported here and on FB).

That is why I canceled my 40 day, 3b2B cruises in the fall.  Thinking I might get covid and be taken off the ship.  Not fearing covid so much, as having my vacation ruined.  But, thanks for your input, it is definitely different than I had heard before. 

It might be which country the ship is visiting.  My Sky ports were in Norway and Denmark which did not have to be tested to enter these countries. Britain did not need to be tested to enter.   I think, entering Italy had to be tested one day before.

Edited by phabric
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Level six said:

But were you on a B2B?  If you were just getting off the ship, no testing.  But for a B2B I am sure you still need to test. 

It depends on the voyage. This is from the Princess website. The language is the same for US/Canadian ports and cruises out of the UK. For my two 5-day B2Bs round-trip out of San Diego I will NOT need a test prior to the second leg based on these criteria. For now. 🙂 

Screenshot 2022-06-18 4.33.33 PM.png

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, rheathslc said:

It depends on the voyage. This is from the Princess website. The language is the same for US/Canadian ports and cruises out of the UK. For my two 5-day B2Bs round-trip out of San Diego I will NOT need a test prior to the second leg based on these criteria. For now. 🙂 

Screenshot 2022-06-18 4.33.33 PM.png

Okay, now I feel just dumb.  Where do you see you will not have to be tested?  As stated before I have been on 2 B2b (7 days each)since covid and had to get tested for both on turn around day.  They were sailing out of San Pedro.   Please point out to me where it says you won't have to test.......I am just not seeing it.    

Do you think because you have two 5 days, you won't have to test before the second one starts?   It doesn't apply to my situation, but I just can't see what you are seeing........eek

26 minutes ago, Level six said:

Okay, now I feel just dumb.  Where do you see you will not have to be tested?  As stated before I have been on 2 B2b (7 days each)since covid and had to get tested for both on turn around day.  They were sailing out of San Pedro.   Please point out to me where it says you won't have to test.......I am just not seeing it.    

Do you think because you have two 5 days, you won't have to test before the second one starts?   It doesn't apply to my situation, but I just can't see what you are seeing........eek

Princess website:

Update was on June 14th:

Yes, guests can book back-to-back voyages, subject to availability.

Guests ages five and above on back-to-back voyages will need to take a complimentary rapid antigen test within two days of the following voyage, where the following voyage includes a transocean voyage or full Panama Canal transit and the itinerary is 10 days or more.

Guests who test positive for COVID-19 will be denied boarding on the next voyage, together with their family members and close contacts who are not fully vaccinated. If you, your family members, travel companions or other close contacts are suspected of having COVID-19, you are entitled to a 100% Future Cruise Credit (FCC).

We will closely monitor guidance from government and health authorities and will adapt and evolve this policy accordingly.

Edited by PacnGoNow

4 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Princess website:

Update was on June 14th:

Yes, guests can book back-to-back voyages, subject to availability.

Guests ages five and above on back-to-back voyages will need to take a complimentary rapid antigen test within two days of the following voyage, where the following voyage includes a transocean voyage or full Panama Canal transit and the itinerary is 10 days or more.

Guests who test positive for COVID-19 will be denied boarding on the next voyage, together with their family members and close contacts who are not fully vaccinated. If you, your family members, travel companions or other close contacts are suspected of having COVID-19, you are entitled to a 100% Future Cruise Credit (FCC).

We will closely monitor guidance from government and health authorities and will adapt and evolve this policy accordingly.

Health protocols

Sailings All the same except Australian cruise b2b’s 

Under Before you sail…

35 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Health protocols

Sailings All the same except Australian cruise b2b’s 

Under Before you sail…

Thanks, I finally get it.....duh.   Also, all my cruises were over 10 days, so that is where I was confused.  Thanks! 

11 minutes ago, Level six said:

Thanks, I finally get it.....duh.   Also, all my cruises were over 10 days, so that is where I was confused.  Thanks! 

It just changed recently. They were testing the b2b’s before.  We did a lot of b2b’s in Feb and Mar and every 7 days we tested.  Ugh… Glad they’re not doing them on the shorter ones.

• Like 2