Fahrenheit 555 opinions?

I'm going to disagree with the consensus and say it was my least favorite meal of Carnival's specialty restaurants. We went on Sunshine (when our sailing on Horizon was replaced during her maintenance issues in December). So this may be ship-specific issues and due to staffing during COVID times. Having been to the Royal Caribbean steakhouse Chops Grille on Harmony now, I think that is how a steakhouse experience should be. Here are some reasons we weren't impressed with Fahrenheit 555 and didn't feel it was worth the money.

1. Service - Our hostess and the waitresses did not make it feel like it was a higher level of experience than the MDR. We had pre-booked before the cruise and arrived about 5 minutes before our reservation time. The group in front of us did not have reservations and the hostess spent more time trying to find them a table and going back and forth from the station to coordinate that, than having them wait for a moment to check the next guests in line for reservations (there were more people behind us, too). So by the time the hostess got the first group situated, we were now five to ten minutes after our reservation time. No, the world won't end, but you also expect that you're paying for a different kind of service and experience. The waitresses once we did sit down kept coming to our table every minute to check if we were ready to order - please let me read the menu first when you know I just sat down - and then even after we had ordered, the second waitress was unaware and would be back asking what we wanted. It was frazzled and chaotic from the start.
  2. Food - I'll start this by saying I am not a picky eater and will try most things, where my partner is very picky and only eats certain things - this will make sense in a moment maybe. The appetizers we had ordered were alright - just alright, not fantastic or bad. I had the Berkshire pork belly; kind of flavorless and after wading through a gloop of pork fat I found a couple morsels of meat. My partner had the jumbo shrimp cocktail, and it wasn't much different from any other shrimp cocktail. Then one of our waitresses brought over an off-menu appetizer compliments of the chef. It was some experimental molecular gastronomy dish - there was a mushroom foam and pearl of mushroom soup. I love mushrooms so I tried it, and my partner hates them so he didn't. Lucky him! I almost threw up at the table unfortunately... I can't describe how awful it was. When the main dishes came out, it was also just alright, not impressive. I had the ribeye, and it was overcooked. I'm bad at raising a fuss to the staff, so I didn't send it back. Partner had the roasted chicken, and again it was pretty flavorless and not impressive. Mac & Cheese side was dried out and oily, and the French fries were doused in too much of the seasoning powder.
  3. Atmosphere - If you go to a very nice restaurant you don't want to hear a Divorce Court episode playing out at one of the tables. There was a couple with what I made out to be the wife's mother, and their toddler. It was constant bickering and loud arguments, toddler crying, obnoxious behavior from the husband. I was surprised maybe that the hostess or someone else did not address them from the start. I would have expected them to enforce an ambience in the steakhouse that the other customers are trying to enjoy a nice evening, not hear your family drama. 

My rant on Fahrenheit 555 is over. 😉😋 I liked Cucina Del Capitano when we were on Horizon last August more.

31 minutes ago, CruiserLucas said:

I'm going to disagree with the consensus and say it was my least favorite meal of Carnival's specialty restaurants. We went on Sunshine (when our sailing on Horizon was replaced during her maintenance issues in December). So this may be ship-specific issues and due to staffing during COVID times. Having been to the Royal Caribbean steakhouse Chops Grille on Harmony now, I think that is how a steakhouse experience should be. Here are some reasons we weren't impressed with Fahrenheit 555 and didn't feel it was worth the money.

1. Service - Our hostess and the waitresses did not make it feel like it was a higher level of experience than the MDR. We had pre-booked before the cruise and arrived about 5 minutes before our reservation time. The group in front of us did not have reservations and the hostess spent more time trying to find them a table and going back and forth from the station to coordinate that, than having them wait for a moment to check the next guests in line for reservations (there were more people behind us, too). So by the time the hostess got the first group situated, we were now five to ten minutes after our reservation time. No, the world won't end, but you also expect that you're paying for a different kind of service and experience. The waitresses once we did sit down kept coming to our table every minute to check if we were ready to order - please let me read the menu first when you know I just sat down - and then even after we had ordered, the second waitress was unaware and would be back asking what we wanted. It was frazzled and chaotic from the start.
  2. Food - I'll start this by saying I am not a picky eater and will try most things, where my partner is very picky and only eats certain things - this will make sense in a moment maybe. The appetizers we had ordered were alright - just alright, not fantastic or bad. I had the Berkshire pork belly; kind of flavorless and after wading through a gloop of pork fat I found a couple morsels of meat. My partner had the jumbo shrimp cocktail, and it wasn't much different from any other shrimp cocktail. Then one of our waitresses brought over an off-menu appetizer compliments of the chef. It was some experimental molecular gastronomy dish - there was a mushroom foam and pearl of mushroom soup. I love mushrooms so I tried it, and my partner hates them so he didn't. Lucky him! I almost threw up at the table unfortunately... I can't describe how awful it was. When the main dishes came out, it was also just alright, not impressive. I had the ribeye, and it was overcooked. I'm bad at raising a fuss to the staff, so I didn't send it back. Partner had the roasted chicken, and again it was pretty flavorless and not impressive. Mac & Cheese side was dried out and oily, and the French fries were doused in too much of the seasoning powder.
  3. Atmosphere - If you go to a very nice restaurant you don't want to hear a Divorce Court episode playing out at one of the tables. There was a couple with what I made out to be the wife's mother, and their toddler. It was constant bickering and loud arguments, toddler crying, obnoxious behavior from the husband. I was surprised maybe that the hostess or someone else did not address them from the start. I would have expected them to enforce an ambience in the steakhouse that the other customers are trying to enjoy a nice evening, not hear your family drama. 

My rant on Fahrenheit 555 is over. 😉😋 I liked Cucina Del Capitano when we were on Horizon last August more.

Well, looks like you had a bad one. We never did and do the steakhouse on every sailing on Carnival 50 so far. Guess we are just lucky.

On 6/12/2022 at 4:54 PM, mz-s said:

No. It's just a small token to entice people to go to the steakhouse on the first night, the wine is certainly not worth getting excited over.

14 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

We actually enjoyed the red wine. As you can imagine we are not picky at all. 

I enjoyed the white wine. Not too picky either.

I love the steakhouse.

Guest BasicSailor
2 hours ago, CruiserLucas said:

You most definitely have away with words. I could feel your pain😲

I enjoy the steakhouse very much and eat there once each cruise.  I enjoy the atmosphere and the food is a notch above the MDR.  On my most recent cruise, the Pride TA, I noticed that although the quality was still there, the portions were smaller than what I have experienced in the past.  That won’t stop me from eating at the steakhouse in the future.  Just thought I’d mention it though.

• Like 2

We love the steakhouse and book 1st cruise night each time.  I don't get the free wine, but order the wine I love off the wine list at 50% off.   Never had a bad meal there, always delicious and the ambience has always been pleasant and special.

2 hours ago, nwcruiselover said:

I enjoy the steakhouse very much and eat there once each cruise.  I enjoy the atmosphere and the food is a notch above the MDR.  On my most recent cruise, the Pride TA, I noticed that although the quality was still there, the portions were smaller than what I have experienced in the past.  That won’t stop me from eating at the steakhouse in the future.  Just thought I’d mention it though.

Smaller portions will not be a problem. We usually cannot eat all they serve us anyhow. I asked if we could share like we do in many restaurants. Answer. NO! Another words. Buy one and just split it between us.