Definition of “Primary” vaccination for Mediterranean embarkation

Can anyone confirm what Regent means by “primary vaccine” more than 270 days prior to Mediterranean cruise?  Our teen granddaughter had shot #1 last September and shot #2 in April, 2022.  Does she now need a booster to board ship in Italy in July?   I thought “primary vaccine” meant the main 2-shot series, the last of which she received in April.  Someone else indicated “primary vaccine” perhaps means that the very first shot was received over 270 days prior.

Obviously, I will confirm with Regent if I can find someone who can definitively

interpret their policy.  Any help would be appreciated.

You are correct that “ primary vaccine “ means the main two-shot series of vaccinations. The FAQ for the Sailsafe Program on Regent provides: “For sailings in Mediterranean, any guest who’s primary COVID-19 vaccination will be beyond 270 days at the time of disembarkation from their voyage must have a COVID-19 “booster” dose prior to embarkation.” Since you are not eligible for a booster dose until, I believe, four months after your second Covid vaccination, the previously quoted sentence from the FAQ would not make any sense if the term “primary vaccine“ only referred to the first dose. Your granddaughter should not need a booster dose.

Dave

Passengers must have a booster anytime prior to embarkation, or they must have a booster within 270 days of embarkation?

I ask because I have had two boosters already.  Don't know whether a third will be available/recommended, just to go on a cruise.

1 hour ago, ysolde said:

Passengers must have a booster anytime prior to embarkation, or they must have a booster within 270 days of embarkation?

I ask because I have had two boosters already.  Don't know whether a third will be available/recommended, just to go on a cruise.

No. If your last primary series shot was given more than 280 days prior to embarkation, then you need ONE booster to sail in the Med. It doesn't matter when your booster was given. This is a general voluntary  EU rule that Regent has elected to follow.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Aloha 1 said:

No. If your last primary series shot was given more than 280 days prior to embarkation, then you need ONE booster to sail in the Med. It doesn't matter when your booster was given. This is a general voluntary  EU rule that Regent has elected to follow.

This is as I understand it as well. The 270 day rule relates to the primary 2 dose vaccine regime and if you have at least one booster after this time you are covered. 

• Like 1