Luggage Tags

I have always just folded and stapled them (I do double staple) and never had any issues.  I have read that some people, if they don't otherwise have another name/bag tag on their luggage, will put a duplicate copy of the printout in the luggage itself so if it get's opened by RCI they can easily identify where it needs to go.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Had no problems printing tags & taping them.  The docs are ready 30 days in advance.  I think it took ~15 minutes to get everything printed, folded, and taped.  Then, then morning of the cruise, borrow a stapler from the hotel and put them on the bags.  

Personally, I'd rather spend 15 minutes (heck, even 30) in the 30 days before hand, than worry about someone reading handwritten numbers. 

This will be the first trip we're using the Amazon luggage tags.  In which case, I'll have everything printed and inserted weeks ahead of time and it will take <5 minutes to attach to the bags (which I can do anytime after getting off the plane). 

Yep.  Everyone has their preferences.  I’m just reporting on my experience.   I’ve done the tags at check in a lot (probably 50+ times) and never had a bag not show up.  Again, takes about 30 seconds to write my name on the tags.  Easy breezy. I affix two per bag (one on top handle and one on side handle).  For those that don’t have time to do it ahead or forget, don’t stress.  It is very easy to do at the curb with the porters.  

• Like 1

$6.99 not breaking the bank!  A worthwhile investment.  We also have a device in each piece of luggage that will tell us the location of our luggage on the phone-  So if something is lost-stolen- we got the location.  

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

$6.99 not breaking the bank!  A worthwhile investment.  We also have a device in each piece of luggage that will tell us the location of our luggage on the phone-  So if something is lost-stolen- we got the location.  

Do you have a link to that device?  Surely it's got to use cell phone technology, which presumably is an monthly charge. 

7 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Do you have a link to that device?  Surely it's got to use cell phone technology, which presumably is an monthly charge. 

Called apple air tags- bought on Amazon.  No monthly charge

Edited by Cruise a holic