Included Excursions

turtlemichael

The Silversea excursions for the World Cruise 2023 Sydney to Fort Lauderdale have become available this morning for me as a Venetian Society member. Woo hoo! Cruisers new to SS will be able to select in a month's time.  That means it is 30 weeks today until we board (touch wood!)  My first observation is that I am disappointed, but not surprised,  with the selection. There are many of the "bus ride around the city type tours' of course and not a lot more. Much that is of real interest is a Selected Excursion and therefore an extra charge. Selecting one of these means of course that you are effectively paying twice. I'm wondering what has been the impression of others about the included tours available on cruises since the policy was changed. I appreciated that the change, along with others, was made to benefit the  bottom line, not necessarily me.

• Like 1

On our recent Norway cruise we thought the included tours were very good.  The destinations were great; buses comfortable and clean; commentary good to very good.  Walking tours were more of a mixed bag and depended a lot on the guide.    Overall, we were pleased and thought the included tours were a plus.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, alc13 said:

On our recent Norway cruise we thought the included tours were very good.  The destinations were great; buses comfortable and clean; commentary good to very good.  Walking tours were more of a mixed bag and depended a lot on the guide.    Overall, we were pleased and thought the included tours were a plus.

Useful information as I've booked a few walking tours in Iceland on my Whisper cruise starting 24th, as I'm not a fan of buses and cannot wear a mask. I like to walk and hope we get good guides.

• Like 1

Just off an Icelandic voyage and the included tour buses we were on were more

crowded and cramped than usual. The walking tours were too large for everybody 

to keep in hearing range. When on the Greek voyage they used a mobile phone app

which worked quite well, unless hearing aids were involved. They did use quite a

bit of battery power.

• Like 2