Mariner Drydock

Hi, I have read that the Mariner is going int drydock Jan/Feb 2023...I was wondering if anyone knew what upgrades/refurbishments are planned ...I really want to book a cruise for my hubby's b-day in a junior suite...BUT the gold couches in the rooms give me the "weebie jeebies"...I have noticed that some junior suites have newer couches but we need a room for 3 and all the videos in rooms for 3 in the last couple of months still show the gold...

If anyone has any information...I would appreciate it.

Thanks

2 hours ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

I have noticed that some junior suites have newer couches but we need a room for 3 and all the videos in rooms for 3 in the last couple of months still show the gold...

Some of those could have been of cabins added during her AMP. Unlikely RCI will change much in cabins - you won’t know until she starts sailing after the dry dock and even then you may not know for sure since they may change only some cabins. 

6 hours ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

Hi, I have read that the Mariner is going int drydock Jan/Feb 2023...I was wondering if anyone knew what upgrades/refurbishments are planned ...I really want to book a cruise for my hubby's b-day in a junior suite...BUT the gold couches in the rooms give me the "weebie jeebies"...I have noticed that some junior suites have newer couches but we need a room for 3 and all the videos in rooms for 3 in the last couple of months still show the gold...

If anyone has any information...I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Looks like it is out of service from February 18th til April 1st.  We were told that our January sailing on the Mariner was cancelled due to it going into dry dock, but they later corrected that incorrect email they sent all of us and said that they had just decided to cancel all the January - mid-February sailings on the Mariner since it was actually replacing the Independence sailings (which is going into dry dock) in January 2023.

Not sure what the plans are for the Mariner, but she was the first ship to be Amplified, so I would not expect them to do any major amplification type work on the Mariner, since many other ships (Allure, Explorer, Allure, Voyager) have not yet been amplified once yet

1 hour ago, bigmoose7563 said:

Just thankful to whatever higher power there is that I do not have to worry about the color of the couch to decide what cruise I can book

I hope you are thankful that your parents would never ask you to sleep on a pull out couch that is older than yourself. .and iMO Royal should be ashamed to have couches that old in a stateroom....

My mama always said "if you have nothing positive to say...

Edited by Scoobydobe7
Spelling

3 hours ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

Is your JS for 2 or more than 2 people...Could you post hour cabin # please

Well there's a king bed (the pushed together kind) and the sofa which folds out but I don't know how big, it may just be a twin bed. 

I'm a secret agent so want to remain secret but there are a small number of JS on Deck 11 forward starboard and we may be in one of them (1100-1106).  Il try to post a pic after Labadee tomorrow if I survive the belly-down zip line my wife booked. 

On 6/14/2022 at 4:31 PM, Scoobydobe7 said:

Is your JS for 2 or more than 2 people...Could you post hour cabin # please

This is the couch in Mariner JS #1104. The pullout “trundle” doesn’t detach so I think a double-bed is all you’d get out of this after a suitable pad is added. (Black stripe is Velcro.)
Hope that helps. 

22908FDA-2E98-4DAA-A592-7D6601142B51.jpeg

On 6/14/2022 at 4:27 PM, Scoobydobe7 said:

I hope you are thankful that your parents would never ask you to sleep on a pull out couch that is older than yourself. .and iMO Royal should be ashamed to have couches that old in a stateroom....

My mama always said "if you have nothing positive to say...

I think that yellow couch would like to remind you what mama always says.  😂😂

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Geez... I didn't even realize there was a scheduled drydock, and I just booked Mariner for April 4, 2023... I usually avoid cruises right after a drydock in case there are any delays in returning to service. 

@Mdepfl, how did you like cabin 1104? I booked 1102. From what I've seen, I think I will really like the location and the balcony. 

1 hour ago, erinsmom03 said:

Geez... I didn't even realize there was a scheduled drydock, and I just booked Mariner for April 4, 2023... I usually avoid cruises right after a drydock in case there are any delays in returning to service. 

@Mdepfl, how did you like cabin 1104? I booked 1102. From what I've seen, I think I will really like the location and the balcony. 

My bad... I double checked, we are booked for May 4, whew! Not worried now!

• Haha 1

On 6/14/2022 at 7:57 AM, 3ITTravelers said:

I just got off Mariner yesterday (6/13) and had a junior suite for three (stateroom 7394).  My brother and his family were next door in 7694.  Both our couches were blue. 

How did you find those rooms? We are looking at those on Voyager and we are used to being on Deck 10. Did you ever notice smoke from the crew area?  Any excessive noise?

We really enjoyed these suites. We did the same one on Navigator back in 2019, so sort of knew what to expect. No issues with excessive noise or smoke from crew areas. We did spend some time on the balcony each day, different times of day.